PDA

View Full Version : how can i trip the alarm ? ?

dan44762000
26-03-2010, 01:28 PM
i want to check my car alarm works ! i have a audi a4 avant 2.8 v6 auto...when i press the fob the lights flash once and also when i unlock they flash once.but i dont see any little red l.e.d. lights flashing inside the car.u know by the door locks...
is there a easy way to test the alarm ? ? ?
thanks dan

Tyroaudi
26-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I've got a similar problem however the indicators flash when unlocking but not when locking but I do get the flashing LED.

Ideas?

dan44762000
26-03-2010, 06:10 PM
thanks for hijacking my thread ! why didnt you post your own thread ? it is nothing like what i am asking...nice one !

NikB
26-03-2010, 06:17 PM
thanks for hijacking my thread ! why didnt you post your own thread ? it is nothing like what i am asking...nice one !
Dont think your response to Tyroaudi was particually justified but to answer YOUR post lock the car with the fob frolm the outside and then unlock and open the boot with the key, or sit inside the car set the alarm and then pop the bonnet, or open the windows or sit in the car lock the car then move about inside or put your arm in through the window and that should set off the movement sensors to see if the alarm goes off.

Happy?

olds_kool
26-03-2010, 06:56 PM

your mean!

also you left out year, a 1996 alarm is complety different to a 2000 model

led's on door panels are late 97 onwards, some 97 have an led built into rear fog switch

dan44762000
26-03-2010, 08:51 PM
your mean!

also you left out year, a 1996 alarm is complety different to a 2000 model

led's on door panels are late 97 onwards, some 97 have an led built into rear fog switch
sorry its a 1997 model ....led on the door and the sesors are clearly visible in corner of front windscreen.

the indicators flash when arming and disarming but i get no led flashing and also tried to trip the alarm and it wont so i dont think it is arming.

any ideas as to what i can do next please ? ? ?
maybe check fuse ? ? ?
thanks dan

dan44762000
26-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Dont think your response to Tyroaudi was particually justified but to answer YOUR post lock the car with the fob frolm the outside and then unlock and open the boot with the key, or sit inside the car set the alarm and then pop the bonnet, or open the windows or sit in the car lock the car then move about inside or put your arm in through the window and that should set off the movement sensors to see if the alarm goes off.

Happy?

cannot open the boot with a key without opening central locking ! dont know if thats normal...
thanks dan

Tyroaudi
27-03-2010, 10:06 AM
dan44762000, thank you for the welcoming reply to my first post on this forum. If you are typical of the the standard of forum user then I can see me not bothering to return.

If you look closely at my post you will see that I had a similar problem, i.e. a question over whether the alarm was being set properly and I was interested in the responses to the alarm triggering solution.

Thank you NikB and olds_kool for your calm and rational responses. If you are a typical forum user then I will look forward to benefiting from the experience on this site.

dan44762000
27-03-2010, 02:44 PM
dan44762000, thank you for the welcoming reply to my first post on this forum. If you are typical of the the standard of forum user then I can see me not bothering to return.

If you look closely at my post you will see that I had a similar problem, i.e. a question over whether the alarm was being set properly and I was interested in the responses to the alarm triggering solution.

Thank you NikB and olds_kool for your calm and rational responses. If you are a typical forum user then I will look forward to benefiting from the experience on this site.

ok sorry for being so abbrupt but your problem is not the same as mine or even similar.
and when a post gets a reply people overlook it and think it has been resolved you coming in and posting a reply made it look like that.
i mean what would have been so hard in creating your own post ? ? ?

NikB
27-03-2010, 04:04 PM
cannot open the boot with a key without opening central locking ! dont know if thats normal...
thanks dan

Do you mean that the key wont open the boot or you cant find the key hole?? admitadly mines a 2003 but just tried it to make sure and key will open the boot and does trip the alarm, if you turn the key in the oposite direction it prevents the boot from unlocking with the central locking and the boot remains locked, hope that helps?

dan44762000
27-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Do you mean that the key wont open the boot or you cant find the key hole?? admitadly mines a 2003 but just tried it to make sure and key will open the boot and does trip the alarm, if you turn the key in the oposite direction it prevents the boot from unlocking with the central locking and the boot remains locked, hope that helps?

when i press lock on the key fob it locks everything and is supposed to activate the alarm.
it does not activate the alarm though.
and when i have locked everything by pressing the key fob i cannot open the boot with the key.

its going for a interim service on the 6th so i will get them to have a look at it for me then...