PDA

View Full Version : Water

shaggydancer
26-03-2010, 10:25 AM
This morning for the first time the car had been sitting out in fairly heavy rain for most of the night and I was suprised at the amount of water that flowed out of the drivers door when I opened it, so much so that I tried each of the other doors and got the same results. Probably around a mug full out of all four doors.

I mentioned this to my local dealer as I was taking the car in to have the memory seats and ambient lighting looked at, and their only comment was that this was to do with the way that the drainage worked. When I asked what would happen if for example we did not open the rear doors for a couple of weeks I did not get an answer.

Does everyone on this forum have the same issue, I know of the thread about water appearing in the footwell, and I must admit having seen this I would be suspicious of this being the cause, however I was simply curious if this was happening to everyone, and if anyone had brought the subject up with any other dealer and so what responce they got.

I can see me getting into a door opening ritual every morning ;)

kennyboy
26-03-2010, 05:29 PM
shaggy - see the 'water in footwells' thread for a possible answer to this albeit my problem was with rear doors.