PDA

View Full Version : car seems a little down on power a few weeks after revo remap

trapster
24-03-2010, 01:29 AM
guys

i have a 2.0tfsi s line special edition and i had a remap done from revo ,it has just been superb and love the raw power i was getting in all gears.

the other day i was behind a m3 on the M4 motorway and he floored it and i put it in 4th and floored it and to be honest he could not get away from me :-) i was well chuffed.

anyway the next day and what seems ever since the car seems a little down on power again ?
it is still quick ,but the pull i was getting is just not the same.
so could it be i am now totaly used to the remap after a few weeks or could the diverter valve be split ,streetwise in bristol checked it before the remap and i was loosing no boost ,but could it have gone under the improved pressure.

dont really want to take the car back to them to check the boost if its just me.
has anyone else had a remap done and there diverter valve split soon after ? or is this not possible.
is there any way to tell if i am down on power apart from diagnostics at the garage where the remap was done.

i dont want to spend money on having it checked out if some other people say that they have had the same thing after a few weeks of a remap and its just being used to the extra power.
i took the car in before it was remapped thinking it was down on power and all was ok with the car ,dont want to seem like some nutter always thinking i am down on power lol

bez101
24-03-2010, 03:03 PM
the DV could be split defo after a remap they split with oem power
very east to check and replace
usaly when they split you only boost to around 7psi so u would defo notice this

trapster
24-03-2010, 05:17 PM
well it seemed a little bettter on power today which is odd ,but i have noticed if you boot it when it gets to 5000rpm it sounds like either a very loud turbo or a rush of air ?

might be worth me getting it checked by streetwise maybe

what settings do other people have on there revo remap

i am sure mine is boost = 9 timing = 7

i am sure of the boost but cant remember what we set as timing :-/

thanks for sorting the rs4 tail pipe trim for me bez spoke to matt today :-)

bez101
24-03-2010, 06:06 PM
with the air rush noise possibly could be the dv
but you will be boosting more than 9psi im sure its 14 16 with revo
you boost more than 9 with oem flash

what did matt charge you with postage if you dont mind me asking
hes doin me a few things tmoro
could have saved u on postage im heading to s wales friday could have met up at services and passed em u on

trapster
24-03-2010, 08:11 PM
maybe i am getting confused with the boost

the revo setting for boost is 9 i think ,bot sure what that is in psi

darich
24-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Hi trapster
I have the same model as you but with Quattro and I'm thinking of getting a remap.
You mentioned the power you were getting in all gears and how an M3 struggled to pull from you.

A few questions.......
how much was the power increased by?
how much was torque increased by?
how much did it cost?
who did it?
just how noticeable is it?
is it worth the cost?

feel free to pm me if you'd prefer to keep any of that private....likewise, if you want to keep it private from me it's cool.

many thanks
Dave

trapster
25-03-2010, 01:34 AM
hi dave

these are the figures they quote at revo below

StandardRevo bhp 200 255 Torque 207 285

but on there site it does say upto 275 and the guy who did it said that they only say 255 as they will get at least 255bhp

the cost is £499 + vat and all revo dealers are the same

streetwise in bristol did it ,a guy called mitch bull really knows his stuff and looks after you very well.

as to how noticeable it is mmmm like night and day to be honest
they car is just so rapide ,i had the 5 hr free trial done on it before i bought the software ,and after 5 hrs of driving it reverts back to the 220bhp ,and god can you tell lol

is it worth it ? yes every single penny 110%

if you are in bristol or near bristol and you want a revo trial or the full map then go and see streetwise and ask for mitch

darich
25-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks Trapster

Unfortunately I'm quite a distance from Bristol - Glasgow to be precise so visiting streetwise won't be prcatical!!

I'm tempted to get mine done but would want to tell my insurance.

Standard BHP on the SE model is 216bhp and there's a place near me that claims up to 275bhp on a remap.

That's quite tempting.......might do it once my insurance is renewed in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again

skymaster
25-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Trapster, I would say it's likely you are just getting used to the car now and the novelty has worn off... so it doesn't seem as fast...

I guess this is how people get addicted to power gaining mods, they always want more when the last one becomes 'the norm' for them...

Not sure what else Mitch could offer you in terms of further upgrades... Do miltek to an exhaust for the A4? The next thing is bigger turbos and stuff like that I guess...

Is yours quattro? if not how does it handle the power through the front wheels? One issue could be the wheel spin... should you continue modding the power up and up and up...

Also, another point... are you using Shell Optimax or Esso super unleaded? If you are after every last bit of horse power you should use this, Optimax preferably... The ECU should learn values based upon the lower quality of petrol (if you are using the cheap normal unleaded) which might make it run without so much power... Optimax should make a difference once you have run a few tanks through.

trapster
26-03-2010, 08:19 PM
well i popped in to see mitch at street wise today and he said we can take it out and do a live test and check boost ect ect ,they are really good at streetwise i like the way they look after you and any concerns you may have.

i think you are right it may be me now feeling the power as normal ,mitch said much the same but i still think i will get it checked out when they have some free time to do the road test.

i use tesco super unleaded 99

i guess i could try shell optimax ect but i like the clubcard points :-)

i do get wheel spin but i had that before the revo upgrade :/

and yes the next steps are k04 turbo and s3 injectors aect but dont want to go down that route yet tbh.

i will let you know how i get on once mitch has done the road test.

skymaster have you had yours done in bristol by streetwise ?

drexel75
27-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks Trapster

Unfortunately I'm quite a distance from Bristol - Glasgow to be precise so visiting streetwise won't be prcatical!!

I'm tempted to get mine done but would want to tell my insurance.

Standard BHP on the SE model is 216bhp and there's a place near me that claims up to 275bhp on a remap.

That's quite tempting.......might do it once my insurance is renewed in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again
Who were you looking at doing the remap in Glasgow? I got mine done by Andy at A 4 Audi in Clydebank, Celtic Tuning remap for £375 and can't fault it. According to Celtic Tunings website it turns a 2.0Tfsi into 265bhp which feels great through the four wheel quattro system.

darich
27-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Who were you looking at doing the remap in Glasgow? I got mine done by Andy at A 4 Audi in Clydebank, Celtic Tuning remap for £375 and can't fault it. According to Celtic Tunings website it turns a 2.0Tfsi into 265bhp which feels great through the four wheel quattro system.

It was at Audivwrepaircentre in Hamilton.
they're quoting £315 +VAT for the remap and between £125 and £270 (depending on if i need a particular part) for cruise control which I also want.

I've been in touch with SharkPerformance through this forum and he's quoted £150 for the cruise control and £550 for the STS remap. Both work out at around £700 but if I go to Ben at Sharkperfomance I get the STS device which allows the remap to be removed, car immobilised and diagnostic codes read. none of that I'd get from the Hamilton place.

Downside with SharkPerformance is it's in Nottingham and I'm near Glasgow so I'd have a drive to the place and could be difficult if I have any issues with the work and need to pay another visit.
Read nothing but good reviews aboutb Shark, Ben and the STS so I'm very tempted.

Is yours the SE edition with 220bhp or a standard Sline with 200bhp?

skymaster
28-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Trapster, No... I have not had my current car Revod (Yet)... Mitch did my last car which was a 130 TDI quattro.... and that turned it into an amazing car... supreme performance with 40 MPG +++ Having been forced to stop at some motorway services today and put some Shell Super Power (or what ever they now brand their 99 stuff as) in at £1.30 a litre the old TDI is generating fond memories...

Anyway... Sounds like you are doing most things right in terms of fuel used etc etc... When was the car last serviced? Me being the **** type who wants the car running at 100% I always get the plugs and air filter changed regularly and I make sure the fuel filter is renewed every 20k or so...

I know the Fuel Filter is not a service changable item on pretrols... but the fact that there is one there suggests that changing it is not bad practice.

Do remember that on these heavy saloons even 250 BHP won't seem fast in all gears at all speeds... There are times when I put my foot down in the S line SE and expect a surge forward that doesn't come... but when the power is used correctly it goes like stink...

drexel75
28-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Trapster, I have a standard 2.0Tfsi which used to be 200bhp. As far as I'm aware the SE is the exact same car with different wheels and remapped to 220bhp.

trapster
30-03-2010, 05:39 PM
the problem i have is when i had the trial map done i could tell the power straight away,and when the trial ended after 5 hrs i could tell it had ended.
when mitch did the full remap i could tell it had been redone ,it now feels like the map has gone back to standard again ,which i am sure is not the case but thats how it feels.

i know wht you are saying about it being a heavy car but trust me with the revo remap it really did pull in all gears you really did get the surge of power pulling you into the seat.

that has now either gone or is not as strong.
going to take it back to get it checked by mitch ,so no problems and will elt you know the outcome .

skymaster
31-03-2010, 10:05 PM
OK Trapster... let us know how you get on...