PDA

View Full Version : just crashed oops.. is it worth going for insurance

Sparky3.0Q
25-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Just accidentally drove into back of someone at roundabout, damaged their rear bumper some, but as it was a high MPV type its squashed the Grille (racked the plastic and bent the chrom surround) and damaged my bumper (made a hole), does anyone have any idea if this is going to cost more than my few hundred quid excess to fix? I guess with it being audi its going to be expensive jsut for new bumper?

RickT
25-05-2007, 02:35 PM
grill and bumper.. you will be looking at about £600 to fix i would say depending on damage..

Can you get a few photos up loaded?

RickT

nickynibbles
25-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Trouble with modern cars is that crumple zones are built into the bumpers so when they're hit the bumper supports give way & unless you get underneath for a good look you'll never know there's a problem, the bumpers themselves tend to just flex a bit & pop back. Was the MPV a newish model that might have such safety features? As for your car, how about a aftermarket Vortex bodykit? That'll cost you about the same as a new Audi bumper alone and looks good too! Thing to bear in mind its not just your excess you'll be paying, its the increase on your premium for the next few years. If you've got the money to pay for repairs then might be worth it if you pay a reasonably high insurance premium already! Either way, unlucky mate, I think i'd cry if i dinged mine!

Sparky3.0Q
25-05-2007, 04:03 PM
thanks for responses, after poking under bonnet, which was nearly impossible to open due to flawed design of release, I decided to go insurance route, approx 1200 quids worth of damage according to bodyshop, could see various cracks in bumper and bonnet surrounds and bent radiator and bonnet needs replacing..

maybe its the perfect time to get the colourcoding done and a nice aftermarket bumper...

RickT
26-05-2007, 12:46 AM
it could be...

i would be intrested in still seeing the pics.... before and after..

RicKT