PDA

View Full Version : Can some one help 1.9tdi

sprinter54321
23-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi folks :1zhelp:

Just recently purchased a vw touran from a main dealer :mad:
Purchased and viewed with car running !!!!
Yes i know don't ask why been in the motor trade for 19 years myself on body work side of things but trusted the seller ,,do not want to fall out with guy as have work coming in but a few niggles before i ask the improbable question as you can take it back !!!
1 On cold starts smokes like an old train for a few seconds "i know diesel is a dirty fuel source and leaves deposits" but when viewing in rear view mirror is bit too much for my liking of a 105 k miles vehicle!!
2 Sounds a bit limbered as of running on three pots also on cold start also then clears up when warmed up
3 Now took the touran on a good run at weekend and took her out to the next see resort with the muts and little miss !
4 Final drive ok but did stutter a few times on off load with pedal after a constant drive at normal speeds for lets say 30-40 miles and once letting off on slowing down would splutter or should we say jolt for a few seconds on restarting fuel load again

Now just a question after the info the car has had a new egr valve fitted as i can see and also recent service but with a non verified VW dealer

Am i right in saying give a good service with oil &oil filter change also change maf sensor in air intake aswell as also problematic with the 1.9tdi engine

Can anyone advise D

vwcabriolet1971
23-03-2010, 10:12 PM
If you've just bought from main dealer I would get them to give it a free diagnostic check and ask for all the output incl. error codes.
At least then you should have a good idea what you're dealing with , ( barganing tool ?).

martin1810
24-03-2010, 10:44 AM
If it's the pd engine I would say you need the glowplugs checking for the cold start and the head wiring loom changed for the stutter. They are common faults that often don't show on a code read.