PDA

View Full Version : A5 2.0tdi 170 Sportback

diinky
23-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi All

I'm new to the forums, so a big hello to everyone.
I just need a little help with choosing my new company vehicle.

I am very interested in buying a new A5 2.0 tdi 170 S line Sportback in manual transmission and was wondering what peoples views are on these.
I have not driven one yet, I am waiting on my dealer sorting one out for me, but at the week end i sat in one in the showroom and noticed that the clutch pedal is quite close to the footrest! Is it like this in all A5's?
I currently have a 2.0 tdi S line A4 which I am very happy with.
Another option I have is a new A6 2.0 tdi Le mans, there are some very good deals about on these at the moment.
I prefer the look of the a5, how does it drive compared to an A4 or even to the A5 coupe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Diinky

PhilR
25-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I've got one of these, and had it since October - 4600 miles now. Firm ride, but I like that, MPG is a bit disappointing if I'm honest, and I think they've fiddled the figures using the stop/start technology. Space wise, it's decent and there's room for my 4 and 6 year old in the back, even though I'm 6ft 4 - miles better than the A5 which was tiny in the back.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with it.

I've had 2 A6 TDis and they're good cars. The A5 I prefer though. I'd imagine that the deals are good because there's a new model due next year.