PDA

View Full Version : Question daft questions/poss problem.

Lex_Andrews
22-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi All,
My first VW, latest in a long time of motors, all various.
Just got a B5 99 1.8T SE Estate, with 189k on clock. History from new, invoices/reciepts from 81k to present. Cam belt replaced at 161k. Got a couple of niggles, questions and upgrade questions.

I'll start with the niggles:
Vibration coming from drivers side fan when a/c on full, you can see the fan wobble, as it turns.
Got a clicking/arc noise coming from fuel primer behind the pass side h/light, and on tickover from the drivers side in front of drivers front wheel.
Any answers?
The car has xenons as factory fit with h/light washers. Washers dont move from housing and the fuse is a 5amp. When I pull washer units out by hand they spray water, not when using washer stalk with lights on. (like on my old 51plate 406 Exec and 52 plate Laguna. Any insite?

Questions:
The car has been serviced every 10/12k since new, No leaks from engine, body is looks clean both on top and underneath, Interior is immaculate, bettter than my old 9-5 with 92k. Anything to lookout for apart from wear and tear?
Also in the fuse box I have noticed that the heated mirror fuses is missing, I thought that the SE had heated mirrors, (build date oct 99)

Upgrade Questions:
I am looking at putting led marker lights in rear units, how do I remove lenses without destroying, had a look they seem to be heat welded together.:confused: