PDA

View Full Version : Scirocco valuation??

Borabum
22-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi. I've been tipped off about a VW Scirocco Scala which may be up for sale shortly. It's a 1992 (J plate) with one previous owner and apparently in good condition though I've not seen it for myself.

:1zhelp: Does anyone have a rough idea how much I should expect to pay or where I can find a valuation? It's hard to find a valuation on a car that age! Apologies for the vagueness .... I've told you all I know!! :dunno: Just looking for a ballpark figure.

Cheers

DropKickMurphy
23-03-2010, 07:52 PM
according to practical classics a condition 1 car (superb condition with no major faults, not necessarily concours but close) are worth about £1900; condition 2 cars (capable of regular use, have a current MOT but will need a bit of work to make them condition 1) are about £750 and conditon 3 cars (driveable and might have an MOT but in need of major work) are about £200

hope this helps

btw i just paid £1500 for a condition 1 rocco with a fully rebuilt engine and professionally resprayed and waxoyl'd bodywork and am chuffed to bits with it

DKM

Borabum
23-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the info DKM.

That's quite a difference between condition 1 and 2 .... I suspect this car is closer to condition 1 than 2 but I need to find out more and view for myself.

Congrats on your purchase! :biggthump