PDA

View Full Version : Wind Hiss

ibbotsonf
22-03-2010, 09:53 PM
I've had the CC for 3 months and since new I've experienced a noticeable wind hiss from the drivers window (seems to come from the top) when the car gets to about 50mph. When it reaches 70 - 80mph it is really quite distracting. The dealer has checked it over twice and says the seals are all in place and that they can't see anything wrong. Would appreciate knowing if anyone else has this problem and if so, have you had it resolved?

gamichea
22-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Not suffered this. Is the window going all the way up? Have you tested to see if the window is closing fully by pulling up on the electric window switch? Any obstruction or constriction in the channel at the front of the window?

shaggydancer
23-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Sorry can't help, the only noise I get is from the road which can get quite loud at high speed.

eob
24-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I have this on the passengers window when it is windy outside at about 70 MPH.

As I said in another thread, I think this is just a foible of frameless windows.
Some being better than others.

In my Astra Coupe, I had some success teasing the seal out a little but I had to repeat this every couple of months as the pressure of the window eventually pushed it back home.
The CC is nowhere near as bad as the Astra was so it doesn't really bother me at the moment.

sks109
24-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I had the same on my Jag XK8, dealers comment was the classic, "they all do that sir, more so in winter when the seals are not as flexible" I didn`t know if he was being serious or taking the michael. Problem was, it was a bit better in the summer ????

ibbotsonf
26-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the responses. Interesting one about the Jag being better in summer. Hopefully that's the case.