PDA

View Full Version : Problems with remote for central locking?

A4 Kim
25-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Hello UK

Im a member of the danish site www.audiclub.dk (http://www.audiclub.dk). Unfortunately i got a problem that I cant get an answer for there.... :confused:

Maybe you can help?

I have a 11/2001 Audi A4 (8E/B6) 1,9 TDI 130 PS Avant. My problem is that the remote only works at very short distance? How can i investigate into this problem? Maybe you know where to look?

Usually i need to be within only 1-2 meters from the car. Sometimes i need to be within 40 cm before it works. I have changed the batteries and i have the problem at both my keys?

It is quite annoying:aargh4:

Please help

Best regards

Kim

Stobbsy
21-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I have the exact same problem. My Keys will only work when right up to the car. I have changed the batteries and reset the keys. however no luck.

abell21
16-01-2009, 11:34 PM
for anyone who may read this, if you have remote range problems, try putting the remote to your head and pressing the button... sounds daft as a brush, but actually works. it's a great trick to show the kids anyway. :biglaugh:

go on try it, but if you are sittin in the house at your computer, be sure to lock the car again. i dont want anyone nicking anything of yours...

Zeb
18-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Another daft advice, you can also try putting the key fob right next to your teeth. Ive tried this a few times in my previous cars and it worked. :D