PDA

View Full Version : Two's or fours

john-mandy
22-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Got my 3.0 b7 quattro auto today, drove the 115 miles from were i bought it with a massive smile on my face, it was only when i got to my street and a neighbour of mine pulled out on me did it dawn on me how hard it was to remember i was driving an automatic, let me tell you it really didn't like me braking with my left foot, thankfully no harm done,

Now to my problem, the car has mfs, bluetooth plus voice activation, the trouble being it accepts every spoken number with exception of number 2 which thinks it is also number 4, i have come across this problem with my friends new mondeo tattanium x, is this a common problem throughout the industry and can anyone think of a solution.

john

cyrusK
22-03-2010, 11:50 PM
You'll only do it once(i.e.forget it's an auto)

Json
23-03-2010, 10:16 PM
The whole issue with going automatic after having driven a manual is very nice especially when you come up to a crossing or yield sign and you slow down and just as you're about to stop you push down on the brake pedal full force thinking its the clutch :D

john-mandy
23-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks json did another 120 miles today, it really is an addictive car, felt a lot more natural than yesterday.

I have driven manuals for going on 32 years, thanks again.

john