PDA

View Full Version : Question Tracker

Rick 63
22-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi

I am thinking about having fitted a tracker system to my car,it's nothing unusual ( 1.9 TDI Highline 130Bhp ).It would be the retrieve system where you notify them the cars gone then they activate a signal for the police to trace it,you can have a gps signal but that is on a dearer system.
There is no contract you just pay £7.99 a month for as long as you want to.Also when the car is sold the system stays on the car,so the buyer can keep the tracker subscription on if they wish to.Just wondered what you chaps think ?

Rick

P S the year of the car is 2004

Issac Hunt
22-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I dont see the point personally, your car isn't a theft target. Does it attract much of an insurance discount? So you have to tell them it's stolen? What if your on holiday etc? It could have been gone for weeks before you know about it!

My viewpoint is if my car is stolen then I don't want it back. Especailly if it's been used/abused. It'd never feel the same again and I would want a new one. Thats what my protected NCD is for!

sooty
25-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi Rick,

I would say that there is only point in getting a tracker if you get a proper police & insurance approved one.

If you have your own kind then the police are not really going to want to know.

Rick 63
25-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi

The one I am thinking about is approved,and gives out a signal the police can track.

Rick

Issac Hunt
26-03-2010, 01:27 AM
OK, but whats the point? Would you really want your car back after if has been used/abused by joy riders? I'd rather have the insurance money instead, and then buy an un-abused car.

To be fair, a Passat 130TDI is not a theft magent at all! Just save your money.

Rick 63
26-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys for your thoughts,will have a think about it.

Rick