PDA

View Full Version : new member with query plz guys?

jonrice
21-03-2010, 05:12 PM
hi guys, just bought a 2006 A4 sline 2.0 TDI from my brother, full Service history and well looked after. it has 40k on clock. but have noticed that when at lights (idle) the car shakes a little , not loads but its noticeable..

is this normal or is there anything i need to look into?

thanks in advance...

winnie070383
22-03-2010, 06:21 AM
hi guys, just bought a 2006 A4 sline 2.0 TDI from my brother, full Service history and well looked after. it has 40k on clock. but have noticed that when at lights (idle) the car shakes a little , not loads but its noticeable..

is this normal or is there anything i need to look into?

thanks in advance...
Don't think its anything to worry about, mine does just the same but runs as sweet as a nut :D:D:D

cjboddy
22-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I plagued the Audi dealership where i got mine from for 9 months of it's warranty period saying it can't be right this tremor on idle. They've cleaned and checked everything and even replaced an injector because is was reading ever so slightly diff to the others but still within range.....no change. Tremor still there on idle and told it's normal. So I've finally accepted it.

One thing the mechanic did say to me was try the better diesel fuel and stay away from supermarket stuff. I have found that when i put the diesel extra stuff in it's not as noticeable.

Cheers.
Craig

2006 A4 2.0tdi est SE 53k