PDA

View Full Version : finally problem sorted!!!!!

eduardo1180
18-03-2010, 07:45 PM
hello guys just would like to share a few things about the problem ive had with my car....its a passat tdi sport 130 and for the past few months due to freezing winter the windows wouldnt clear out even with the aircon on...making driving difficult as you cant see much out....its been at vw dealer for the so known recall for plenum chamber i remember saying to one of their mechanics the blower is very weak theres no much air coming from the vents i believe i need to have the pollen filter changed to see if things get better....he said " we will have it done for ya" picked up the car after a few hours found it to be slightly better but still the windows would steam up like f***.... after a week i decided to have a look got that plastic cover out and then...the pollen filter was blacker than a car tyre...replaced for a brand new one and jobs a gooden!!!! full air power inside the cabin and nice clear windows.....im not saying that dealers in general are not honest but you better keep both eyes wide open!!!!

cazyp
18-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Are you sure your flap is opening properly..?

eduardo1180
20-03-2010, 02:12 AM
how do i know that? :confused:

cazyp
20-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Take out the pollen filter and look down the air duct - you'll see a flap. Switch engine on and play with climate control. If you press the recirculation button it should close up or open when you select a colder than outside temperature when on economy - you'll here a 'flop' type sound as it opens/closes. Common fault is the flap actuator breaks and it stays closed causing 'steamy window' problems.. Although a VERY clogged pollen filter may do the same.

Expensive fix. Actuator is £35. But compleate dash out to replace. Approx £900 inc' labour at a dealer.
Or you just press hard on the flap (it's covered in black foam) and 'break' it into the open position for free. Recirculation will never work again though. But your windows will be clear..

eduardo1180
20-03-2010, 04:09 AM
ill have a look at that, but id say the pollen filter was to blame .....it was really disgusting....thanks a lot for your advice will let you know for sure the outcome...cheers

eduardo1180
21-03-2010, 01:12 AM
hi there....without taking the pollen filter out or anything been in the car tried climatronic on eco with a lower temperature than outside pressed recir button and i was able to notice air flow being reduced in the cabin, switched off and back to full power....so id say the flap is working right?