PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

DropKickMurphy
18-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi all,

have owned a Mk3 golf for about 5 years now and just bought myself a GT2 'rocco from my mechanic, has been rully waxoyled about 8 years ago and a few times since, has uprated shocks and springs which are raise it a smidge (yes raise, it was built to carry his family before it got too big!) and has had the engine completely rebuilt and is now putting out about 180bhp.

i'm very happy with it and plan to keep it as it is, since it has been built and set up by a real pro (german auto engineering in portsmouth).

i plan to have it dyno tested at some point soon and have it covered on a classic policy so its cheap as chips to insure even with the modifications

anything i should look out for? i plan to keep it garaged as soon as i clear all the junk out the garage which ought to limit the rust but is there anything else i should look out for? its still very tight considering its a 21 year old car.

only downside i have found is its thirst, it manages a decent combined economy of 28-30mpg in mixed driving but around town its about half that! glad its not my daily driver!

just thought i'd say hello and hope this section is as friendly as the Mk3 section :D

DKM