PDA

View Full Version : a4 B6

dub love
24-05-2007, 04:02 PM
just been fitting new wheels, asa ar1s 18inch, the car needs lowering now. any 1 got any pointers as i have never bought coil overs n **** b4. who is the best people to ring, or what are the most popular ways 2 lower it down just above the tyres, im thinking coil overs but unsure

nickynibbles
25-05-2007, 02:55 PM
What you use for lowering is down to several things, namely how much you want to pay but also to what extent you want it lowered/how harse a ride you want! Just replacing the springs is the cheapest method, the exisiting Audi dampers are used and smaller stiffer springs are fitted thus lowering the car by a fixed amount. A full coil over kit replace the whole damper/spring unit and are adjustable for stiffness & ride height, they also cost more as a result. To answer your question, measure what height you want to drop it by by sticking a ruler in the gap between wheel arch & tyre, then check out what spring kits are available. If you need to drop it more than springs are available for then you'll be getting coil overs! I've used Eibach springs in the past on other cars & come across good reviews in relation to them fitted to Audi's too. As for coil overs, get the most expensive your budget allows for, poor quality kit rides like you've no suspension at all so as a rule ignore the first couple of cheapest brands & go for something mid-range as a minimum, your Audi will thank you for it!

dub love
26-05-2007, 02:15 PM
cheers pal, high five.

thanks for pointing us in the right direction. im on a budget so i'll probably be searching round for the best buy. i dont want to buy crap that doesnt last, so i prefer to just wait until the right thing pops up..

and yes your right, pressing that esp button really does make you Smile :biglaugh: