PDA

View Full Version : VW Touran glove box removal - advice/ support/ diagram for flush fit

bdm2510
17-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Dear members,

I have a 2004 Touran. The passenger glovebox doesn`t sit flush and I am looking for advice to correct. It is approx 3-4mm out on all edges. It appears that the 2 inner arms slide on cog units positioned on the outside (can be seen when you remove door side dash cover. I have been able to remove all screws, even the 3 under the aluminium dash bezel) but still unable to remove glovebox from car.

I assume there are at least 1 or 2 screws which can only be removed when the radio is removed. Does anyone know? Also when I finally removed the glovebox how can I reposition to flush position. It looks like the fixed cogs on the outer areas are slideable and this creates the distance for pulling the drawer part in.

I really could do with any help whatsover as the car is mint and recently purchased I would like to put right. Thank members and look forward to your thoughts

bdm2510
21-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Mystery solved. To remove a VW Touran glovebox you will see 2 screws in the inside of the glovebox and 3 at the bottom section near the footwell which need to be removed. Don`t remove the rubber absorbers in the box itself. Gently unclip the dash trim above the glovebox left to right. When removed, now the tricky part - you need to remove the small console section where the gearstick is. Lift the leather around the gearstick and remove screws, now remove ashtray and cigarette lighter by taking off the small black cover on the right and the grey cover around the cigarette lighter. Pull section out and unclip socket attachments. Next you will se a screw far in under the dash which needs to be unscrewed. Leave the ESP light until last unless clips/ screws fall down. Remove top rubber and take one screw out. Should be able to remove and take off esp adapter at back. Finally remove remaining screw(s) below esp light. Now go to drivers side and take fuse boc door down. You will see 2 screws on left hand side - remove.
When finished, gently pull console out. Takes 3/4 attemts but it will unclip. Move gearstick to 4th to give more room. At the passenger side once the console is back 2/3 cms, you will see the final screw behend the grey panel next to the bottom of the glovebox. Remove and the glovebox will slide to the left and out. Easy when you know how? Good luck!