PDA

View Full Version : Question Sharan Stereo Hell

mosicurous
17-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey,

New to forum so hope you guys can help? Got a T Reg Sharan TDI Auto 1.9, had it now for 3 months no problems. Got in the other day and the stereo didn't work, checked fuses at the back of unit and in the dashboard and they are fine. Checked wiring, all fine. Tried another unit from my missus's car (she wasn't happy!) and it too didn't work, which leads me to believe its a power issue. When I start the car for a second one of the lights on the stereos display lights up, but absolutely no other activity and no response. Everything else with the car is fine.
:aargh4:

Any help, no matter how little would be greatly appreciated, got a 8 hour journey coming up and I can't hack the silence!!!

Thanks in advance,
Andy.

martin1810
17-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Try testing for 12v at the red wires on the back. One big fat one and one thin one. Try testing with ignition on and off to see if you have any power.

mosicurous
17-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out and get back to you later.

mosicurous
05-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey,

Still having problems. Went to Halfords to test the unit and its definitely OK, the wires at the back are fine so its definitely a wiring or electrical problem with the car. So my question is where do I start? Fuses seem fine and I don't have a Haynes manual so I don't know where to begin. Any suggestions? I know these Sharan's suffer from electrical gremlins, is there any common problems I could eliminate first of all?

Thanks for all the help so far and look forward to getting the best advice!

Cheers.