PDA

View Full Version : 2007 A4 3.0 TD Quattro saloon

Rory4711
24-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Morning All; I'm looking at the above as one possibility to buy from new later on this year with a view to keeping it for at least 4 or 5 years.

I can't find any general info on this model and hence I've got some wide-ranging question:

will it last ?

Are the mechanicals strong and well proven ?

Are there any known 'weaknesses '?

Many thanks in anticipation, and apols if the info is aready available; I'm a new poster and couldn't readily find anything.

MarkBS
24-05-2007, 12:57 PM
If you are buying from new you can get an extended warranty that will run for 5 years - it can be purchased at anytime during the 3 year warranty. However as buying new you may be able to 'haggle' and get them to throw it in free of charge - no harm in asking.
Don't think there are many weaknesses in the quattro drivechain but others will no doubt enlighten you. TD engines are pretty tough units but the cambelt should be changed at the correct intervals - don't leave to chance.
Mark

ciarank
25-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi there..
I bought one of these a year ago ( a dealer's car) with 2500 miles on it. It is a silver tiptronic with the most recent 233ps engine.

In the year since I bought the car nothing has gone wrong, though I suspect the aircon needs regassing ( I use it 100% of the time, and I have nearly 20k miles on the clock).
Performance is excellent in Drive, and exhilarating in Sport ( box changes up early in Drive for economy). Ride is firm (S-Line and 18inch rims) and economy ranges from 32 to 38 mpg depending on the length of the journey and the mood of the driver.
It is incredibly secure in bad weather, and worth the expense for that alone in my view.
Previous cars owned include three Golf GTis, an Impreza Turbo and a TT, and this machine is as impressive as any of these but with superior performance and long distance comfort.
Only downside? I would have loved an Avant, but couldn't find one!

Good luck with your purchase.

Ciaran K
:beerchug: