PDA

View Full Version : Simple Mods

Bratty
17-03-2010, 12:26 AM
I was quite impressed by Scotty´s cheap but effective method (compared to the outrages AUDI prices) of modifiying the Grill with chrome strip giving it a bit more presence:beerchug:.
But what I really like is the RS Honeycomb look (ALAH! RS5) but YOU CAN NOT SCOURCE IT AT THE MOMENT!
To pacify myself I have ordered the honeycomb mesh (BLACK PLASTIC) and because I was too mean and did not spec "FULL APS" I have a scratched the Fog Light cover, I am going to cut out the outer blank bits and apply the mesh to the rear (I am sure Bubble-Gum and Bogeys will hold it) leaving the side strakes.

I HAVE YET TO SEE THE QUALITY OF THE MATERIAL:confused:.

Dunk

Bratty
22-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Not to happy with the honeycomb mesh! As it is not plastic but Aluminium coated in plastic. Which in my experience will look shoddy once it takes a beating from the elements leaving a Grey /partly black mesh after a few years.

Just a question to those members who have taken off their Fog Light covers off an S-Line to change bulbs etc. Do you have a one piece plastic cover OR a two piece cover (Where the cover behind the Strakes is removeable)?

I have a MY 2010 but have a two piece on the Left and a one piece on the right:confused:.

Dunk

ScottyUK
22-03-2010, 09:35 AM
I have a MY 2010 but have a two piece on the Left and a one piece on the right:confused:.

That's correct. It's because the S-line front body is the same as the S4. On those they just leave out the blanking plate so air goes to the oil cooler.

Bratty
22-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Cheers for that Scotty, I was thinking that I had an "end of line MY2009/2010 model".:Blush2:.

Dunk