PDA

View Full Version : Nokia E71 and A4 SE

penrecon
16-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I have a December 08 2.0 tdi SE, I've just changed my mobile phone to a Nokia E71, which conects fine, but drops the Bluetooth connection after 3-4 minutes of a call. The car worked fine with my previous Nokia 6210 Navigator.

The audi website says that the E71 has been tested by them and works OK.

I haven't spoken to my Audi Deler yet, but wondered does anyone here have any ideas?

juniperz
17-03-2010, 09:24 AM
I have a December 08 2.0 tdi SE, I've just changed my mobile phone to a Nokia E71, which conects fine, but drops the Bluetooth connection after 3-4 minutes of a call. The car worked fine with my previous Nokia 6210 Navigator.

The audi website says that the E71 has been tested by them and works OK.

I haven't spoken to my Audi Dealer yet, but wondered does anyone here have any ideas?

I also have an E71 in the same car with Bluetooth, and I see similar behaviour. I haven't got around to it, but I heard that a firmware update may help - sounds plausible for me since I got the phone in July 2008 and haven't updated it. If your E71 is brand new, you would think it would have the latest firmware.
Key *#0000# to check the f/w level.
Looks as though the latest is v400.21.013
I hadn't realised quite how old mine is - 100.07.76 !
(Just not looking forward to having to reinstall everything and risk that something else will break...).

BTW, I can recommend the Brodit mount from here (http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/Holder/Nokia+E71-Brodit-Holder.asp) with the "Brodit ProClip for Audi A4 Avant 2009 - Center mount High Item No. 654062".

penrecon
17-03-2010, 12:53 PM
My phone had the previous version of the firmware, I think the one you identified is brand new, since when I connected the phone to the Nokia PC Suite this morning, it told me that new software was available. Anyway I've updated and so far so good, I've just had a call via the car Bluetooth for just over 7 minutes with no problem.

We shall see whether the problem has gone away totally with use.

The upadte process was OK, the trick is to make a backup beforehand and then restore afterwards. This restored all of my settings inclduing e-mail and so on. I did have to make a new Bluetooth pairing, which is no problem to do. So far no othe problems have appeared!

Maybe upgrading the firmware may also solve the connection problem for you too. Thanks for the pointer!

I looked at the Brodit mounting for my Tom Tom, I'm quite happy for the phone to sit in the centre console, but I'd like to move away from a windscreen mount for the GPS.