PDA

View Full Version : Sharan TDI Sport lowering help

fastbikes76
16-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi Guys,

As a moderator on another forum I promise i searched first ! :approve:

I have a W reg 2000 Sharan TDI sport (Mk 2 ?) and it handles like a bath tub, I was thinking of fitting some lowering springs to stiffing things up a little. I cant find anything with recommendations of whats good to use. I would prefer to spend a sensible amount apposed to the £250 H&R sets I've seen about. I also don't want cheap rubbish as its the family wagon and it still needs to be safe and smooth.

I'm used to my GTO being lowered 60mm on Teins so a little harder wont hurt :D.

Cheers

Elton

DAVE ROBINSON
17-03-2010, 08:39 AM
I have a 1998 sharan Carat which has been lowered etc from new . German kit , ''Projectzwo''. Looks the part and am sure it helps the handling and mpg but it is a nightmare wrt speed humps, kerbs, etc etc -- the front valance grounds so easily. I use the ferries a lot and have to ask for special treatment every time . i've just bought some normal length front springs and intend to RAISE it as I am fed up . Your choice.

fastbikes76
14-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I find the ride is actually not comfortable as it seems to have quite a bit of body roll and actually made my lad chuck up out the window last weekend as he felt so car sick :(

Perhaps a new set of shockers may help stiffen things up a little without compromising ride height.

Cheers
Elton

DAVE ROBINSON
15-04-2010, 06:42 AM
I got some new shock absorbers all round, via ebay for about £40 each , both back and front, yet to fit. also some s/h springs from Stevensons breakers, Chelmsford, £25 each, also via the net-- really excellent, delivered to Kent the next day. We are based in France , Poitou-Charente, between Poitiers and and Angouleme and speed humps are a new discovery here out in the sticks to slow down the local boy racers and one set in particular at Le Breuil are a 1st gear, 5 mph job. Luckily first went over them in another car ( humps there 2 weeks before signage) and was their car that bottomed and then aviated.Frog Mot, Controle Technique soon,deep joy...