PDA

View Full Version : arrgg placed £10 unlead in my TDI

wickerman
24-05-2007, 07:34 AM
arrgg placed £10 unleaded in my TDI. filled It right up with diesel when I realised what i'd done. Just drove into to work seems okay. If I keep topping up the Diesel will it be okay?

MalcQV
24-05-2007, 07:39 AM
The more you dilute it the better. About 2 gallons of unleaded then against at least 10 Diesel. You may be OK, not much help a "maybe" is it? Lets see what others think.

nickynibbles
24-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Not much of a gambling man myself, i'd be tempted to syphon the tank empty and re-fill with fresh diesel. Indeed you "maybe" ok with a low dilution but if you blow the head then thats an expensive maybe!

packageman23
24-05-2007, 10:08 AM
arrgg placed £10 unleaded in my TDI. filled It right up with diesel when I realised what i'd done. Just drove into to work seems okay. If I keep topping up the Diesel will it be okay?

if its only got a 10er inn fill the tank full with diesel you should be ok.

same happen to me in seat ibiza 130bhp tdi sport i jus filled the tank bck to max with diesel and it worked for me

Eshrules
24-05-2007, 10:45 AM
as a step of caution, id be tempted to syphone what unleaded i could from the tank and then fill to the brim with diesel, to try and dilute the unleaded as much as possible.

you may find it advantageous to change the fuel filter also once you've done around 200 miles on the mix.

you're lucky you realised before driving it anywhere.