PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 Avant - No cold air from climate

pandasharka
16-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi All

Wondered whether anyone can advise me here please?

I recently had the cambelt / poly v belt changed on my 170k 2.6SE, and for the first time this year I actually felt warm in the car so pressed the air con button...... and no ice cold air like the last time i used it last autumn.

Just wondering, when these belts are changed at the garage do they do anything with the aircon ie. de-gas it?

Also, parked the car up with the engine running, opened the door and listened while I pressed the aircon button and didnt hear the compressor kick in like it used to. (Slight change in the blower speed but nothing else)

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Mark

Clinterous
17-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Assuming the Econ light goes 'off'? If it stays on, then this could point to a problem in the system which a fault code reader would pick up.

Otherwsie it may be a simple case of a re-gas. I don't think that removing the belt would have meant loss refridgerant.

pandasharka
17-03-2010, 08:30 PM
This one doesnt have an ECON button tho..?

Clinterous
18-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Sorry, my mistake. Overlooked it was a more mature car.

Peter D
19-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I need the engine code form the ID label in the spare wheel bay. This could be a failed magnetic clutch or even a missing A/C belt. Regards Peter

hamma
13-04-2010, 03:59 PM
may be u have got a leak in the refregirant circuit. and as a concequance, the system doesnt allow the compressor tu run until u re-fill the gas. am not sure, but it is worth to test the refregirant pressure