PDA

View Full Version : Question reversing sensor

passat tdi130
16-03-2010, 03:28 PM
hi all i have a friend he has the passat with the rear reverse sensors under the rear bumper can i fit the same to a passat with none fitted ..??

kenney
16-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Yes

passat tdi130
18-03-2010, 05:28 PM
any idea's how or where to obtain parts etc..??

snapdragon
18-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Yes, the black part is about £38 from the dealer, and you can fit a genuine VW kit or an aftermarket one for a fraction of the price with a bit of fettling.

passat tdi130
18-03-2010, 06:55 PM
hi snapdragon the black part i assume you mean the lip under the bumper where you mount the sensors..?

does this just clip onto my existing bumper..??

snapdragon
18-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Yes, it is the lip and has sensor mountings and is angled up more. I think it is only available for the estate, as I have never seen the sensors mounted this way on a saloon. I don't know if they are the same shape. You could see if the part numbers of the standard part are the same on www.vagcat.com

stonedagain
19-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Yes, it is the lip and has sensor mountings and is angled up more. I think it is only available for the estate, as I have never seen the sensors mounted this way on a saloon. I don't know if they are the same shape. You could see if the part numbers of the standard part are the same on www.vagcat.com (http://www.vagcat.com)
On the saloon, they fit into the bumper insert. if you remove the bumper, you will see from the inside that the mounting holes are present in the actual bumper itself, you just need to drill the holes in the insert. There was a hole cutter of the correct size in the aftermarket kit I fitted.