PDA

View Full Version : emission workshop

bill michie
15-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi
i have skoda superb 2.5 tdi v6, warning coming up emission workshop! can anyone please advise

towcestervag
15-03-2010, 07:59 PM
affraid you need a diag test done

DSG4ME
27-03-2010, 06:41 PM
If it's still running ok it will be a coolant temp sensor, £15 from GSF, should be green and look arched at one end.

Iggy
12-04-2010, 09:27 AM
I have just had the same thing come up in my 1.9TDI Superb, it has come on a couple of times in the last few days and then gone off again. It is running fine - extremely well in fact - and has just had a service. I really need to use the car at the moment I am not doing it any damage am I?
:confused:

DSG4ME
12-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I have just had the same thing come up in my 1.9TDI Superb, it has come on a couple of times in the last few days and then gone off again. It is running fine - extremely well in fact - and has just had a service. I really need to use the car at the moment I am not doing it any damage am I?
:confused:

It will be the sensor, it's a well known fail, go to GSF and get a new one, if you want to know how to fix it, go to Briskoda and open the Superb section and in the 1st section there is a how 2, hth.

matta4
12-04-2010, 08:35 PM
done a superb 2.5 last week with emissions workshop on display it was a split vac pipe on a solenoid near the power steering filler you really need a diagnosic scan but i would check all the vac pipes for splits especially near n/s inner wing

DSG4ME
12-04-2010, 09:36 PM
done a superb 2.5 last week with emissions workshop on display it was a split vac pipe on a solenoid near the power steering filler you really need a diagnosic scan but i would check all the vac pipes for splits especially near n/s inner wing

Good advice, btw how was your engine at the time, was it smooth and still powerful? I ask because normally a vac pipe off cuts the turbo out and it runs flat.

matta4
12-04-2010, 10:13 PM
running fine it was something to do with the egr i think there are 2 solenoids at the front n/s with a lot of vac pipes attached it was only slightly split but split all the same it may have just leaked enough to put something out of range it pulled well before and after i cant remember the code but think it was egr related.There is as you said a good chance its the temp sensor we change these on a regular basis on all different V.A.G cars a fault code would be ideal

DSG4ME
18-04-2010, 02:28 AM
running fine it was something to do with the egr i think there are 2 solenoids at the front n/s with a lot of vac pipes attached it was only slightly split but split all the same it may have just leaked enough to put something out of range it pulled well before and after i cant remember the code but think it was egr related.There is as you said a good chance its the temp sensor we change these on a regular basis on all different V.A.G cars a fault code would be ideal

I know what that was, it's the hose that goes to the back of the engine from the egr, I've replaced mine twice now, it either cuts itself into the engine cover if it's tucked under, or rubs away if you direct it across the top of the cover, bit of a no win tbh.

While I'm here and as I'm selling mine next week I'll leave you a few other pointer's that you may come across.

Throaty and a vibration around 2000 rpm = The air box snorkel, it's the plastic that pushes onto the airbox, the seal goes and it deforms.

Coolant level = if it's no more than a top up once a mth don't worry, if it's more than that it's probably the radiator or water pump.

Timing belt = 80k TDi, get the water pump and aux belts done at the same time, and ring VW as well as Skoda, mine was £50 less at VW.

Growling from front going around a bend = Tyres, it will sound like a wheel bearing but it isn't, it's certain tyres give off this noise, I suspect it's the cars weight transferring myself.

CV = knocking on cornering, they aren't that robust either, GSF do a boot and joint kit for around £30 if you need one, and you should if possible keep the pinch bolt that holds the steering arms copper greased, or the bolt get stuck and it adds to the problem, if it won't knock out, it's already seized.

Seat Belts not returning quickly = This is common, it doesn't fail an mot, but is annoying.

Maxidot mind of it's own = I've had a Sharan and euro measures come up, it's a glitch and it does clear itself.

Bulbs = PITA, but if you remove the airbox flow pipe from the front of the car and pull the airbox over on the drivers side it gives a lot more room, just remove the PAS cover on the passenger side, and be careful not to lose the cover or clip, if you need to do a sidelight, pull off the earth wire above it and gently ease the bulb out with a flat screwdriver, and push home fully once replaced.

If you need more help I've done some how 2's over at Briskoda in the Superb 1 section.hth.