PDA

View Full Version : Question MK 1 Leon and Wiper Blades that fit

AgentJames
13-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Hi,

Just got a 2001 Leon TDI 110. I need new windscreen wipers all round. My brother got me all 3 from the factors (Lucas) The rear fitted fine but the front two didn't have the correct clips, they seem to be too small and they did "clip" therefore may fall off. He returned the two front ones and got a refund. He then went to Halfords and got some Bosch ones. The passenger side wiper fits fine as its got a larger clip like the one already on the car. The drivers side has the wrong small clip like the Lucas ones, think these will have to go back also. Would someone be able to tell me where I can get the correct front wipers with the larger clips? what is the OEM part number?. No bother about aero just want standard wipers that wipe :) and don't fall off!
Many thanks in advance.

colinp4656
16-03-2010, 08:09 PM
hi,take the clips of the old wiper blades and fit to new wiper blade-hope this helps,colinp

AgentJames
21-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi Colin, Thanks for this. I tried the old clips but there didn't fit. It was only the drivers side that would not clip in place. I turned the clip around and it worked fine now. Just a bit of fiddling needed, it was raining and dark not the best time to have problems!. Thanks again. Water leaking into the car next job, will read all the stuff on the forums about this first:o.