PDA

View Full Version : Hey from Coventry

Rocketeer
11-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey everyone, just joined the site and thought I'd wave hello...

I'm driving a black Eos Individual 2.0 round Coventry... the dealer here told me they were fairly rare, but amazingly enough, I parked next to one in Binley Business Park the other day, and it seems it's been parking here for months, just at the other end of the car park from where I normally park!

I'd love to know what people think of the Eos for towing (except the Irish guy who insulted everyone who even considered it) - I've seen posts from some people who took a caravan round France with one...
I've just got a small sailing boat... hey, does anyone know the limit on towing without a special license?

Nick

Ben
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
hi. I'm also in coventry. No special licence required provided you passed you driving test before 1996/7 i think. After this date you have to take a practical driving test to tow any trailor. Check out the governments website for driving licence information. I think its www.direct.gov.uk or .org.uk. Google it. Also the car will have specific towing limits. This will be in its handbook.

Rocketeer
11-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Sadly, passed my test in 2000 - I'm a youngster!

I think I'm allowed to tow up to 750kg on a normal license with the new rules - which should be fine, as the boat itself is only 140 kg, and the trailer weighs less than that...

Good point on the car limit though...

PFJones
11-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Welcome to the forums

Scott
P.F.Jones