PDA

View Full Version : New car checklist

Ianmarkwood
10-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Does anybody have a checklist of things to look for when collecting a new A4 Avant (S-line)?

tlionhart
10-03-2010, 09:39 PM
if you mean new as in from the dealer...there really isn't one. Or I guess there is one on say autotrader but the dealers usually rush you out because they have another customer after you.

-Check the colour and options you selected during the order process are on the car. For example if you ordered hill hold assist, ensure the button is there. The salesman SHOULD give you a full hand over. Going through the basic functions of the car and your options you additionally purchased. Unless it's self-explanatry.

-Walk around the car and look for any obvious scuffs or imperfections in the paintwork or wheels.

-Hope for the best...it always happens and it's sods law! We always discover something wrong either when we get home or a few days later. Say on the the way to work or a trip out. Your covered by a 3 yr warranty so you shouldn't need to worry. Just like any other warranty you buy with another kind of product. Like a T.V, etc. Any spot of something not looking or sounding right, call the dealer and they will have a look at it for you.

-Your car should come with a standard checklist known as a PDI checklist. Which covers most the things you shouldn't need to. Engine, components, etc.

When I picked up my car from new, this was the following;
-Paintwork had weird orange tint and spots. Its a white car, and also the same day I collected it. I told the dealer who told me to bring it back straight away! Turned out white cars are known for it. (industrial fallout) They cleaned it up and explained how I could prevent it in the future. All cars suffer from this, white is the most noticeable.

-Weird ticking noise in the engine, took it to the dealer. Mechanic looked at it straight away and explained what it was and what components are making the noise. A noise I wasn't use to as this was my first Turbo engine car. Did this with the spare 10 mins he had for free.

Like I said its something you shouldn't need to worry about. Make sure you take the order form with you. Hope you enjoy your new car! :)

Ianmarkwood
11-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks tlionhart!

B6Andy101
11-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Definately go over the paintwork very closely. Mine was delivered with swirl marks on the bonnet from poor prepping. It is a good investment to have a detailer prep it for you instead of the main dealer.