PDA

View Full Version : bora/golf mk4 centre onsole creaking/rattling squeeking

teccyjim
22-05-2007, 07:56 PM
As the title says, the centre console is driving me insane- every speed bump, hell, even a pebble in the road and the centre console squeeks and creaks :zx11: :zx11: :zx11: :zx11: :zx11:

As i usually have the stereo on and i hadnt noticed it but now im aware of it its driving me around the bend! even if your left leg gently brushes it when using the clutch it makes the noise.

Is it likely some mug has had it apart and screwed up the rebuild proceedure?

Anyone know how to dissasemble the centre console without wrecking the plastic clips?

Regards,
James

frankieboy
27-05-2007, 12:01 PM
im suffering the same problem -its infuriating! any luck let me know

Wessa
27-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Afew years ago i worked for a ford dealer..Had cars in all the time with rattles etc from PLASTIC trim. The only thing i can suggest is either take your time to find the trims weak spots and pull the trim off, finding any screws first, take off the trim thats rattling then replace. This may or maynot work. Or try to pinpoint exactly where its coming from and tuck some rubber or foam pads etc under the trim. hth. ;)

Gary :biglaugh:

tfern
26-07-2007, 07:59 PM
same problem with bora, but only when hot and after long journey

Loofer
26-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I have the same problem with my Bora TDi. But its very faint. Not annoying, just noticeable.

I noticed that the previous owner had stuffed (hidden) a bit of folded paper where the centre console meets the ashtray. It's a very fine gap.Removing it makes the vibrating morenoticeable.

Speaking from experience, when I changed my stereo in my old Rover SDi, it involved removing the centre console surroun/trim. It was never the same again. Chances are the centre consoles have been pulled out at sometime in our cars.

frankieboy
26-07-2007, 08:17 PM
The noise is so unbearable I'll be glad if my car is written off due to recent puddle damage! I'm not kidding. The previous owner buggered about with the stereo which has totally messed up the central console.

Trouble is you don't really notice these things when you take it for a quick test drive...

Frank