PDA

View Full Version : No dipped headlights..

koro
08-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I sure hope you can help...Sharan 1.9 tdi, 2000. Mk2

Both dipped headlights had blown, replaced with new bulbs. No voltage at headlights coming through. All other lights working ok. Fuses 59 and 60 ok. Tested switch, that looks ok. Voltage coming out of p4 on the MFU.

Is it right that the dipped lights are controlled by the switch and ignition. Therefore the stalk only switches off the mains? It does this ok at the stalk. Is there a relay for the dipped lights, if there is any idea where to find it?

Completely stuck as to what to do next.....is there a relay hiden somewhere?

I only use the Sharan as a workhorse now, will keep i tuntill it dies, therefore is there a bodge that I could resort to if I cant find the problem, ie bridging the dipped lights from somewhere?

Thanks for reading

leoncoombs
13-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi, I have exactly the same issue with my 2002 A4 Avant.

Have you sorted it yet?

koro
13-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi,

Not as yet....

The stalk only turns on and off the Main headlights (seperate bulb for dipped)...so thats not the problem, on mine anyway...

The dash switch for the headlights is ok, to ......

At P4 on the MFU I am getting a live feed, from pin 8...dead on the pin 7 and 5 for the dipped...

I am guessing that it is the relay on the MFU, which individually cant be replaced...

As a "Bodge" I intend ( with some knowledgeable help, ie here..) to take the switch live feed, go through a relay ( I havn`t a clue as to which one, or how to wire one up), through an inline 10amp fuse, then feed back into the dipped wiring...

Hope this helps a little...

koro
15-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi, today I bought a relay, wired it via a fuse from the live feed on P4 pin 8 (black/white)...wired into the dipped headlight bulb holder...All now working...Don`t know what the real problem was, except this fix will do for me..

Cheers
Koro