PDA

View Full Version : GT TDI Boost Loss

kevinm
22-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi all,
firstly congrats on a great website. It helped me greatly in choosing my car. (2001 GT TDI 130)

But i'm having trouble with the ould lady...

When driving it sounds like the car is dumping the boost. It happens all the time in 1st, sometimes in 2nd, rarely in 3rd but never in 4th, 5th or 6th. It just revs up very slowly to about 3000 (very smoky) and then all of a sudden the hissing stops and it takes off!

The car has the turbo from a 150TDI and after about 5mins the stability control light comes on. Dont know if the problem is connected to these?

From reading other threads i suspect the EGR valve but have little understanding on how it works.

HELP PLEASE!

Big_E
28-05-2007, 08:47 PM
My advice is to go to a Garage and get a fault code check done on it mate.

a8 tech
28-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Reduced air induced into the engine will cause the black smoke.Get some one to rev the engine whilst you look/listen for air leaks,try the rubber intake pipes at the turbo and intercooler for small splits also the connections were the rubber pipes meet the plastic pipes(the retaining clips snapoff).As you have a 150 turbo fitted make sure all connections are secure.Good luck and whatch those fingers in the engine bay:aargh4:

kevinm
29-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Since i posted the message i talked to a fella that chips golfs and he thinks there's a software problem in the ecu as a result of someone mucking up a remap in the past. Planning to bring the car up to him in the next few weeks. Ill post a reply when i know more. Thanks for the help.