PDA

View Full Version : Passat - ABS Pump Fault 2005 130 TDI Highline Estate

feldon
07-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Had ABS warning light come up along with traction control lights. Took it to local VW garage and asked them to look at and also to do complete service as it was due. When I collected car they said it needed a new ABS brake switch. However 50 yards down the road the lights came back on. Took it back to garage and 30 mins later was told it was likely to be problem with ABS Pump, a known promblem with VW apprantley. Service assistant said that VW might be willing to make a goodwill gesture, which immediatley made me suspicious. On asking the cost of repair I was told it would in the region of £1500 inc. labour. After doing some googling when I got home it seems this is a common problem. Garage has now told me that VW are willing to make a goodwill gesture of upto 50% of the cost of the part but not the labour. My understanding is that the part is approx £800, so this would still leave me with a very hefty bill. In addition the VW garage would like to do some further electrical test to make sure, but at a cost in the region of £160. I only just qualified for the 50% offer of goodwill as my car is 5 years old on 10th March and would not have qualifed after this date, or so I was led to believe.

After taking legal advice I have been advised to turn down VW's offer and ask for a 100% goodwill gesture for the whole cost of repair and any further testing, failing that to make a claim in Small Claims Court citing it as a inheritant fault with the car.

Anyone else had a similar fault, did VW make a goodwill gesture, any advice help would be greatly appreciated.

towcestervag
08-03-2010, 01:40 AM
read the touran section about VOSA ans abs

feldon
08-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the reply, it seems that I am far from alone. I will cut and paste my first post there.