PDA

View Full Version : upping spec after purchase?

allroadkev
07-03-2010, 05:57 PM
hi,
I am looking for a used Q7 but am having trouble finding the full spec i'm after, I want to know if its possible to add some extras at reasonable cost, hoping guys on here in the know can answer me this.

is it easy to add memory to drivers seat and how much?

what about heated seats, is this a change seat job?

and bose?

are these do-able or will I have to compromise on spec, I dont want to if I can help it.

Now the missus has seen 2 with panoramic sunroofs we gotta have that, I know trying to chop in a sunroof is a no no so i'll have to get one with this in, then add the other bits on if I can't get one with good spec

thanks for your help

allroadkev soon to be Q7kev

nbusin
11-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Hi.

Its not possible!

Issac Hunt
11-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Hi.

Its not possible!

Why isn't it?

Of course it is possible. ANYTHING can be retro-fitted if your pockets are deep enough.

However the 3 options you choose will be very expensive to do, as you will need a lot of additional parts and wiring. You'll be well into 4 figures for the parts alone to complete them. Possible but very expensive.

allroadkev
11-03-2010, 07:52 PM
oo er missus, ok found one with all them bits but no reverse camera, i read on here somewhere that if it has tv fitted its cheaper to fit reverse camera.

it does have tv, so can you answer me this, do you get the full function of the reverse camera, the reverse lines that come up, or is it just a cam and are we looking at lots of agg to fit?

I thank you:1zhelp:

Issac Hunt
11-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes its cheaper to add the camera if you have the TV option already, (still possible if you havent got TV of course) If you fit the proper Audi camera and its associated controller then you will get the display lines etc etc.

Fitting time depends on your skills and experience I guess, but a couple of hours should do the trick.

allroadkev
17-03-2010, 09:13 PM
lovely, i'll give it a go, Q7 deposit down, collecting saturday, I got heated mem seats, bose, pan roof, lovely.

So how about fitting keyless go?

what sort of bits are needed for that?

Issac Hunt
18-03-2010, 02:27 PM
So how about fitting keyless go?

what sort of bits are needed for that?

Not something I have seen done yet, You'll be digging pretty deep for the parts though I imagine!

allroadkev
18-03-2010, 11:08 PM
from audi?

depends what is needed, im guessing the buttons on centre console, then is there an additional transponder in key or do they have one already?

some kind of magic box somewhere as well to do the thinking?

anyone know whats to it?

nobbyuk
26-03-2010, 11:18 PM
This may give you an idea of what you need:

1 - Interior aerial 1 for entry and start authorisation -R138-
Fitting location: beneath front centre console

2 - Front passenger's exterior door handle
With contact sensor for front right exterior door handle -G606-

3 - Front passenger side aerial for entry and start authorisation -R135-
Fitting location: on door trim (rear)

4 - Rear right exterior door handle
With rear right door exterior door handle touch sensor -G418-

5 - Aerial reader unit for keyless entry system -J723-
Fitting location: behind luggage compartment side trim (right-side)

6 - Luggage compartment aerial for entry and start authorisation -R137-
Fitting location: On luggage compartment rear cross panel (left-side)

7 - Rear left exterior door handle

8 - Driver side aerial for entry and start authorisation -R134-
Fitting location: on door trim (rear)

9 - Driver's exterior door handle

Cheers
Dave

allroadkev
27-03-2010, 07:25 PM
thanks dave

so new door handles all round, and these aerials dotted over the place.

all the handles would have touch sensors then?

so how does the system work? the keyless go unit must receive a signal from the key via the aerials, would that be the original keys or would I need new key transponders?

also would loom be there for these bits or would i have to add that over the car

then it would need setting up on vag com.

thanks for your help so far

topuphere666
29-03-2010, 08:33 AM
probably would have been cheaper to buy new with all these extra's lol:beerchug:

allroadkev
29-03-2010, 08:01 PM
u know that:biglaugh:

I will be starting a new thread survey, something to do until my car comes out of the body shop, thanks honey:zx11: