PDA

View Full Version : RNS-e dvd 2007 backup!

kristoffer
22-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi folks! (and pardon the crappy English...:1zhelp: )
I've recently installed a RNS-e in my 2002 A6, with a double din conversion. This was probably the smartest thing I've ever done to my car, the unit is unbelivable!!!
Last week I installed the Audi Bluetooth kit as well, and this was so cool... :biglaugh:

Now, the latest project has been how to make a backup copy of my DVD.
I bought a 2007 dvd from eBay (almost 150 euro, but the Norwegian dealer was charging almost 600 Euro for this!!! :aargh4: )

Now, I dont want to have a 600 euro dvd in my car, so I though I should make a copy and put the original in a safe place... (very safe...)

This showed to be more difficult than I've thought, but NOW I FINALLY MADE IT!
And then I thought, this I'll have the share with you people.

After buying 2 DVD writers, throwing away 10 Verbatim R+ Dual layer discs (at 5£ each) I've found the Pioneer 111D writer (I know from navplus.us the 112D also works)

I used nero 6 for image and burning (Nero automaticly sets the booktype setting for R+ DL to DVD-rom, witch is the key to make this work)

And IT WORKS!!!

Please post if you have problems or anything you wonder about... :p

stuart
22-05-2007, 08:49 PM
This appears to be breaking the rules regarding copyrite, unless you are doing a backup for your own personal use.

I trust that this is a backup for your own use, and you do not intend selling these discs;)

kristoffer
23-05-2007, 07:12 AM
But ofcourse, this is for my use!!! :o

I don't want to have my 600euro disc in the car, or in the navi. (temperature changes, bumps, sun etc)

If the disc is destroyed now, it is just for me to burn another one. ;)
Just wanted to share my finding :Blush:

Undercover
23-05-2007, 07:15 AM
I can never understand why people drive around with hundreds of pounds worth of CDs in their car either. It takes a minute or two on my Mac to copy a CD.

kristoffer
21-06-2007, 06:41 AM
me neither, the Norwegian Audi dealer is charging 400£ for the 2007 DVD for my RNS-E... No way I'm going to expose that disc to temperature changes, bumpy roads and all the other crap... ;)