PDA

View Full Version : Corrado door

eugmul
22-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi all. does anyone know how to sort out the door when they wont open from the outside??:zx11:

Ive bought a replacement link, but cant seem to fit it, any1 shed any light?

basically the handle does not open from the out side, inside+lock is fine

any help much appreciated.

eug

ghee60
23-05-2007, 02:44 PM
its a common fault m8, there is a little pin that snaps inside of the handle, I take it the handle pulls as it should just doesnt work?

The common thing is to replace them with de-locked handles as they dont have the same problem

Coupe16v
23-05-2007, 11:59 PM
its a common fault m8, there is a little pin that snaps inside of the handle, I take it the handle pulls as it should just doesnt work?

The common thing is to replace them with de-locked handles as they dont have the same problem

I had the same problem with my Corrado, you can either buy a fixing kit, which I found really difficult to do, but I got there in the end :Blush: or you can do as ghee60 said; much easier!

eugmul
24-05-2007, 06:16 PM
thanks fellas, yeah i ordered one of those fixing kits,instructions (15 minute job) were to push pin out with a small screwdriver!!!-yeah right :zx11: after about half an hour using a hammer and spike, still no joy, i though id leave it before i broke the handle-will try it another day when my mood is a bit more chilled :D

did think of delocking, but the alarm came to a rather unslightly end of bein ripped out as it was messing me about (slight anger issues that day hahahaha)

do golf or any other vw handles fit??? as corrado handles are like chicken teeth without payin £80 for them

ghee60
24-05-2007, 11:15 PM
mk3 passat one are what your looking for, ive got loadsa sets of delocked ones lol