PDA

View Full Version : Poor Performance

Foxcub
22-05-2007, 10:53 AM
2001 Passat 1.9 TDi 130

Cars been a bit sluggish for some time now and performs poorly at lower revs.

At stand still when revving up to around the 2000 mark there seems to be quite a delay between pressing the accelerator and the engine revving. It appears to be very unresponsive.

When driving, the car is poor until the 2000-2500 mark at which point the performance is back.

Its very noticeable when trying to pull away quickly, the engine lacks power until backed up by the turbo.

No faults found on the diagnostics check, cars been serviced (Note: problem was pre-service). Only real problem since new was that one of the turbo cooler pipes was loose giving extremely poor performance and took some finding' I'm not sure if this has had any lasting effect on any of the other components.

I've been using a diesel additive for a couple of months to see if this will have any effect on this fault but no real improvement to date. Cars done 80,000 miles and somebody did mention to me that the injectors can act up around 100,000.

Cleaned air mass meter (non-evasive) by spraying solveen onto the sensor surface, no difference noticed.

Any ideas!

M4YTY
22-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Cleaned air mass meter (non-evasive) by spraying solveen onto the sensor surface, no difference noticed.

Try unplugging the MAF and drive the car. If the problem has gone your MAF is faulty.

fahad
28-08-2007, 08:45 PM
hi people i have the same problem with my passat tdi pd 115 pd sport auto/trip there are 5 things to check on :

air flow meter
turbo
the pipes
egr vales
intercooler

L90OOK
28-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I would say one of the turbo/intercooler pipes is collapsing, delaminating or split.
You may be lucky & see which one it is without having to take them all off to check

fahad
29-08-2007, 04:27 PM
hi look everyone i took it to vw delaers they only said to me that it will only be the turbo that is the thing thats dissterbing you.

L90OOK
29-08-2007, 04:33 PM
hi look everyone i took it to vw delaers they only said to me that it will only be the turbo that is the thing thats dissterbing you.

Probably because they want to sell you a new turbo at £££'s take it to a garage that wants to diagnose the problem properly rather than randomly changing bits at your expense :chairshot

Pod1.9TDi
30-08-2007, 02:04 PM
I had the same problem when I bought my car and it was the air mass meter, took it to VW and they charged me about £250, I mean even **** Turpin wore a mask, but then again, atleast they fitted it correctly, something I wouldnt have been so confident in doing myself.

Pod:D

VWVirgin08
22-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi Foxclub,

I have the same issue on my VW Passat 1.9 tdi. Please see my thread:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28059

I'm wondering if you cured your problem and if you did, what you did?

I have read much today about MAFS, sensors, N75 thingys, turbos and i don't really know where to start! :1zhelp:

Any help gratefully accepted......

fahad
22-02-2008, 06:34 PM
:zx11:HI i took it this time to the vw delares for a vag scan they said to me that it came up with a gearbox fult in a automatic triptronic.
the vag scan was £40.00 they wanted to take the car for 2/3 days to fix the gearbox. total came up to £500/£2000 this is no jock. i will never go for vw again this is commen porblems.:mad: