PDA

View Full Version : sharan dash pod removal

rugbyian
22-05-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif sharan dash pod removal
hello fellow VW owners:biglaugh:

I have a 2.0l sharan on a 52 plate that has a dash pod that is playing up, ie. the speedo only works for a few seconds if i turn on the lights, the wind screen wipers tend to slow down of their own accord (i know that it is ment to do that when you stop at traffic lights and the like, but this does it when i am doing any sort of speed) and the petrol gauge is constantly changing the amount of milage available to do and bleeps constantly for me to refuel the car even when the tank is full and the alarm fails to arm correctly (normally the indicator lights flash once to show it is armed) but it fails to do this and if i leave it eventually the alarm goes off.:zx11:

I have taken it in to Newport VW in Newport Gwent, and they did resolve the issue for a while and now this issue as returned.
They did say that a connector block was corrodid and had replaced this at a cost of £86.

My question is this.....does anybody know how to remove the speedo dash pod so i can see whats going on behind there.....?:confused:

Any advice on this issue would be greatfully received.
Thanks in advance for your replys,
Rugbyian:biglaugh: