PDA

View Full Version : sharan drivers window

bangers2u
05-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi there, just bought a '05 54 plate VW Sharan SE 130bhp TDi but the drivers window has stopped working. When you try to work the window, the hazards flash on the dash, bit wierd to be honest but does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

evanjohn00000
14-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Hi there, just bought a '05 54 plate VW Sharan SE 130bhp TDi but the drivers window has stopped working. When you try to work the window, the hazards flash on the dash, bit wierd to be honest but does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with a 2005 05 plate Sharan SE 130 TDi, just joined this forum to see if there's an answer.

In addition to that driver's window operating the hazards (single flash) the driver's side door central locking does not work or is very sluggish as is the fuel cover lock, all other locks operate correctly. At present I cannot lock the driver's door using the key fob, it works OK using the key in the door method. The passenger side electric door mirror has also stopped working.

I have a code reader, which i plugged in and it gives me the following codes :-

01142 Central Locking - Unlocking Motor
01143 Central Locking - Opening Motor
01148 Save Fuse Door (driver door deadbolt) - Activation
01149 Save Fuse Door (driver door deadbolt) - Deactivating

Any help would be much appreciated.

evanjohn00000
15-04-2010, 12:04 AM
OK found the problem..........:D.

After reading a bit more on these forums I decided to check the wiring loom between the door and the pillar by peeling the rubber gaiter back (away from the door), sure enought there wer two severed wires and another four with cracked insulation.

Removed the loom plug by rotatinfg the ring anti clockwise and crimped the two broken cables. Plugged the loom back in and all OK.
Will repair the others when I have time.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh::beerchug: