PDA

View Full Version : Don't Buy a AUDI A3 2.0 TDI 140bhp

JHcarstens
22-05-2007, 10:03 AM
:zx11: You might want to warn anyone thinking of buying a Audi A3 2.0 TDI (140BHP) not to do so....

What happened I bought a Audi A3 2.0 TDI drove it for 3 years and 2 months mileage 29000 on the clock and then the turbo went, whilst I was driving 40mph in town.. not only did the turbo blow but also the piston head gasket and propeller broke.. towed the car to Audi and What did they say Car is out of warranty and we will not touch it, it will cost you a minimum of 10k to fix... So I said to them - there is only 29000miles on the clock how can this happen..Audi Said "Not our Problem buy another one" so I said to Audi well you buy this car from me, and they refused to buy the car ( I have it in writhing) they will only trade it, so I was forced to trade for another Audi and had to pay in 7k just to get rid of the old Audi. I have never had service like this in my life please warn people not to buy Audi.. because if this is how they treat client I don't want them to be selling cars in the UK at all. :zx11:

bora(ing) nick
22-05-2007, 10:10 AM
:zx11: You might want to warn anyone thinking of buying a Audi A3 2.0 TDI (140BHP) not to do so....

What happened I bought a Audi A3 2.0 TDI drove it for 3 years and 2 months mileage 29000 on the clock and then the turbo went, whilst I was driving 40mph in town.. not only did the turbo blow but also the piston head gasket and propeller broke.. towed the car to Audi and What did they say Car is out of warranty and we will not touch it, it will cost you a minimum of 10k to fix... So I said to them - there is only 29000miles on the clock how can this happen..Audi Said "Not our Problem buy another one" so I said to Audi well you buy this car from me, and they refused to buy the car ( I have it in writhing) they will only trade it, so I was forced to trade for another Audi and had to pay in 7k just to get rid of the old Audi. I have never had service like this in my life please warn people not to buy Audi.. because if this is how they treat client I don't want them to be selling cars in the UK at all. :zx11:

You were just unlucky mate... still at least you have another Audi :biglaugh:

JHcarstens
22-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I am so Upset with them I don't even want to drive the new Audi Now.. they made me feel like I am a criminal..

Veedubber
22-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I am so Upset with them I don't even want to drive the new Audi Now.. they made me feel like I am a criminal..

Aww, that's not right, is it. You buy a new quality car, you expect to have bought a quality car. Try not to blame the new Audi for the old one's shortcomings - you must have just got a duff one and been really unlucky with the timing. Drive this new Audi, learn to not blame it for the old car's issues and then trade it when it's 2 years and 11 months old. For a VW.

Sorry, mate. It's crap when stuff like that happens.

JHcarstens
22-05-2007, 11:04 AM
cheers mate, it's not the car it's the People at audi I'm upset with they treat you like a king when you buy and like poo when you ask them for anything :aargh4:

Eshrules
22-05-2007, 11:15 AM
i'm sorry to hear of your story. but, IMHO, i dont see why or how this happend. most dealerships would have at least offered to pay half the repair bill, even outside of warranty, simply due to the nature of the failure.

presuming of course, you had a full service history and the car had been maintained in accordance with Audi specifications, Audi would probably (with persistance) have paid for the entire repair.

i would consider this an isolated occurence and honestly, i wouldnt tar the entire VAG range and dealerships with the same brush.

you also have to bear in mind that the VAG group sells millions of cars a year and if they were such unreliable and poorly made vehicles, coupled with poor dealerships, they'd already be out of business.

i feel for you, but i fear that had you pushed the matter through the proper channels, you wouldnt have had to put that £7k up. :beerchug:

JHcarstens
22-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi, yes understand whay you are saying they offerd a 600.00 pound good will and that was from Audi HQ in Milton keynes.. I followed all the correct channels and my friend works at Audi also pushed it to the area manager and asked him if he can help me, but Audi said and I quote " this is not our problem" and I have it in writhing. This is my 4th A3 love them to bits, but this will be the last one I ever drive

Eshrules
22-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi, yes understand whay you are saying they offerd a 600.00 pound good will and that was from Audi HQ in Milton keynes.. I followed all the correct channels and my friend works at Audi also pushed it to the area manager and asked him if he can help me, but Audi said and I quote " this is not our problem" and I have it in writhing. This is my 4th A3 love them to bits, but this will be the last one I ever drive

ok.... so without sounding blunt, we more or less get the idea. this must be a very isolated case, why Audi would put in writing that it is not their problem im not entirely sure, as this could lead to negative PR for the whole group.

i suspect no report was made to trading standards or a consumer watchdog?

if the sole reason for you joining this forum is simply to post negative comments about the brand, i will probably have to close this thread soon. your situation is understood and i sympathise to an extent, but im having a hard time believing some of the things you have said.:o

JHcarstens
22-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Yes, you are right, this is a very isolated case trading standards is looking into this and I have appointed a leagal firm and the case will go to court because of the way I was treated, and they supplied me with a non murchandisable car when I bought it. yes you can close the thread but don't say I didn't warn you.. and keep a eye on the press you will see some red faces when this goes public.. cheers have a nice day

Eshrules
22-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Yes, you are right, this is a very isolated case trading standards is looking into this and I have appointed a leagal firm and the case will go to court because of the way I was treated, and they supplied me with a non murchandisable car when I bought it. yes you can close the thread but don't say I didn't warn you.. and keep a eye on the press you will see some red faces when this goes public.. cheers have a nice day

i wasnt having a personal jibe ;) i have been in similar circumstances, but you cant go around saying certain things unless they can be proven. the fact that you are taking the company to court over this is even more reason not to do so.

the car was of merchandasiable quality, it simply had a large failure, which should have been repaired (morally) free of charge. you can only argue the car is not fit for its purpose (sale of goods act 1979) if you did not have fair use of it in the period you had it, which you cannot argue. if the car was on a HPI term, you would have to try and argue this with the finance company directly, not the dealership as only the implied terms of the act apply with a HPI agreemant.

fact of the matter is, you had a mechanical failure, this is a risk we are all aware of when we purchase a car and yes, i am all to aware of this myself having been there before.

what exactly you are 'warning' me of, i am not entirely sure. i am quite happy with my golf and there are millions of A3 owners out there that would say the same.