PDA

View Full Version : New member :-)

Ardy
05-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Hi All,

First post so bear with!, just wish id thought of the forums before id ordered heh.

Been driving a 55 plate 2.0TFSI Avant for a coupe of years and decided a couple of weeks ago to go and order a new one.....idea being that its costing me a fortune to fuel and theres a few costs to be incurred soon if i dont trade in with upkeep, soooooo after driving the 2.0 TDI and the 2.7 TDI with multi box i decided to plump for the larger engine - nearly as much torque as the S4 apparently, and the changed felt silky smooth. Always had manuals before but really wanted to try out living with an auto for a few years, after all its got the flappy paddles if i get bored!

Also for me a i went a bit mad on options, never bought a car from factory so making the most of it....

Advance Key
B&O
DAB
Milano
Auto foldong/dimming mirrors
S-Line
Auto tailgate
Piano blk inlays
Heated front seats
Model deletion

Although i would have love the space filled I just couldnt Justify the cost of the sat nav when i have a perfectly good tomtom at a fraction of cost etc.

Soo all in all v.excited. Ordered almost three weeks ago and was given a build week as last week in April with delivery in Late may early June apparently.

Just thought id share my xp so far and introduce myself. Ill help where i can and try and keep in the loop. Had my fair share of audi experience's i think just never from new which is soon to change!

I just wish they could build em faster

Managed to get about 2500 - 3500 of the list price, depends how you look at my trade in etc etc etc. Final clincher was i got them to throw the auto tailgate in before id agree even after the 1000 already dropped and dealer contribution/audi contribution of 1500.

So yeah hi everyone and i look forward to looking at and sharing my future experience.

Cheers

robtt09
05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Welcome. Nice choice of car.Enjoy the auto ! I love mine and wonder now why I ever bothered with manual..so last century !

Krazy
05-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Welcome

mkc
05-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Welcome Ardy. Keep us informed as the dates get closer, we'll help you through your sleepless nights. Hopefully we will get a nice summer and your baby will arrive just in time.

Ive read your post a few times and I cant see a colour? What did you go for? Standard 18s wheels? Youll get the new LED rear lights aswell and the new shape wing mirrors which is nice!

ScottyUK
06-03-2010, 08:36 AM
The tailgate I thought was just a bit of a nice to have gadget but it's really but more useful than that.

My Mrs apparently keeps having people pass comment to her when she's at the supermarket about her "magic" tailgate :D

Spec sounds nice. :beerchug:

Ardy
06-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks for all the response.

Gone for the no cost black im afraid (suits me but maybe you lot think im mad!) as its what i like. 5 Spoke 18's. ANd yeah the led's are nice, just been looking at pictures of the A1 led's with the smooth effect which look even nicer heh.

I keep going to bed feeling like its christmas tomorrow when i was 10, i cant live like this for 3 months lol.

Yeah tailgate and keyless entry was no brainer for me, im always carrying stuff to and from the car be it babies or computers.....the amount of times i have sworn as i put things down for the fifth time to search my pockets or open the boot..

Ooo and whats the B & O like - as good as i hope? - personallly thats my favourite option - i love all music and appreciate quality of sound so i have high hopes!. Guess i should have tested it out but i know b&O wouldnt be putting there name to something rubbish.

ScottyUK
06-03-2010, 08:49 AM
That's why we added it (babies) but when the crap snowy dirty weather's here it's got the added advantage of you don't get dirty hands :D

3 months ? Pah! My TT took 6 months :aargh4:

Don't worry it add's to the enjoyment. Make sure you get Audi to print off the spec from their system (the REAL ordering system and not just a nice peace of paper on their letter head). It's the only way of knowing that what you want is what they've ordered.

It's been known (a fair few times!!) for them to **** it up.

Ardy
06-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Yeah thanks for the tip - i intend to ask him today. He did show me the factory order screen (very basic type etc) but yeah after reading all the various threads i better get a printout and double check! - Ill take the wee man down this afternoon and let him give them what for (10 months old)

To be honest they have ordered it without me even paying my full deposit which i thinks pretty good so it hasnt been one big hit. Good experience so far:P

pitch3110
06-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Welcome matey and enjoy.

Nice spec and like you after years of manuals opt'd for auto.

You will love multitronic and paddle shift will keep you smiling

Pitch

Ardy
27-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey all,

Well what a 3 months that was - collected car this morning and my my how smoooth it runs!

Will give big report soon but just thought I would let those who care know its all sorted.

First impressions after the B7 i traded in are yes the plastics around stereo and gearstick are pretty poor but overall the rest of the car, especially engine and gearbox make up for this in my opinion oo and the b&o is top notch.

ANyway more detailed report soon and i look forward to being able to comment on B8 related stuff now instead of just reading it all like i have the last 3 months:p

HAve a great bank holiday all that get it.

ScottyUK
27-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Good news. :beerchug:

p.s. Change your signature ;)

golfgt140
28-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Congrats mate! That's a fantastic car.

Looking forward to your report- hope it'll include pics!

Enjoy!