PDA

View Full Version : slow hot starting on tdi engine

mikesvw
20-02-2006, 09:21 AM
1999 tdi engine starts no prblem when cold but the hotter it get,s the longer it takes, 5 sec,s + when up to normal temp, fuel filter and housing changed, starter&ring will be next if i aint cured

j_coupland
20-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Sounds like a fuel injection fault, is the ECU warning light on? Hot starting faults not usually common on diesel engines, i would book it in for an ECU check at your local VW garage.

mojogoes
20-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi Mikesvw....J...........This one sounds like it could be a faulty water coolant temp sensor , does the car seem to also lack a bit of get up and go the longer and hotter it gets/you've driven.

How many miles on her and the same question i asked J which is have you recently had a timing belt change , and have you any fuel mods present like a van-arken box etc.

P.S..........is there excessive smoke at all ??

mikesvw
27-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry about the very late reply, The car was bought second hand but the fault did not show up at the time,and i did not drive it to often at first and previous owner denied any problem, but did have some reciepts that did show it had a belt change just after 60 thuosand,(at vw garage)so it was on time and did speak to the garage but they could shed or would not say what the prob might be,when bought it showed 90 thou now done 111000, so 9 thou till next cnange so will get autorised dealer to sort the problem and take out a morgage:beerchug: