PDA

View Full Version : Ambient Lighting

shaggydancer
04-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Anybody got this option fitted, and if so how do you find it?

I took delivery of my CC on Monday, everything is great, done 600 miles already mostly with a big grin on my face...

One small annoyance however is that the ambient light option is non existent, I get a faint strip of light on each door just under the bur trim, not enough to provide any illumination simply enough to let you know it is there, nothing in the foot well at all.

I got the car from the dealer in Chester even though I am up in Scotland and so did not get much of a chance to discuss this, there was nothing apparent till it got dark and by then we were too far away to return. I will end up taking it back to the local dealer to look into but was just wondering if anyone else out there had this option and had any issues.

ibbotsonf
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Experienced exactly the same problem - bit of a glow from the door lights and nothing from the footwells. Additionally, when I dim the dashboard lighting below half way, the lights in the doors go out. Took the car back to the dealer to look at this plus the knocking noise (the CV joint problem which is the subject of another thread on the forum) plus the excessive wind noise I get from the drivers door when the car goes above 60mph. Dealer confirmed the ambient lighting wasn't working but didn't know why. They sent an incident report to VW asking them what to do about the ambient lighting and the wind noise. Spoke to them this week and they tell me that the drive shafts are due next week and when they have the car in they will sort out all the problems. I will post an update as to what the ambient lighting fix is when they (hopefully) implement it.

shaggydancer
05-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the info, I am getting exactly the same symptoms as you describe. Look forward to finding out how you got on, I will take this thread with me to my local dealer if you manage to get it sorted out

hburnett
13-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I've got it fitted and it looks aewsome..

Weird how your's ain't working...

Sorry very new to this and not a cartech so can't really help with your problems...

H

ibbotsonf
19-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Car went to the dealers yesterday for a few things - one being the ambient lighting. Dealer says they have finally had a response from VW who say the problem is not with wiring but is a software issue. They have no anticipated fix date. I'm told the car is on the recall list and when VW do come up with a fix they will give me a call to get the car in. If you've not had yours back to the dealer yet maybe you should give them a call and get them to put your car on the recall list for this problem.

shaggydancer
19-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks I really appreciate the information, I had already booked the car into the local dealers for this and the memory seat with amnesia :), I will give them a call and give them your info, I do not see much point in organizing a trip down to them if nothing can be done, and the seat is not much of an issue, I only want it fixed because I paid for it.

shaggydancer
26-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Got the car back this afternoon, seat amnesia has been fixed, they had to reset the memory or something, anyway it all works now.

I was then shown how to set the brightness of the foot well light, useful but nothing to do with the ambient lighting problem. When I explained what was wrong the guy never new that there was such lighting. He has promised to put the car on the list however, so I will check back with them in a month or so to see what they have to say then.

shaggydancer
26-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I have been periodically chasing up my local dealer on the ambient lighting issue that I have.

What I am being told is that the lighting on the door trims is on all the time but is not very bright, but that the footwell lighting should only come on when the car is stationary. For those with this option fitted is that your experience, I must admit that this is not my take on the blurb in the sales broucher.

ibbotsonf
26-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Fraid so - exactly what I've been told. Last time my car was with the dealer I sat the head techi down with the sales brochure, asked him to read the blurb and then tell me whether he thought my ambient lighting was working correctly. They had not had one in previoulsy with ambient lighting so he wasn't sure. I told him that to my mind a couple of dim blue lights down the doors did not exactly match with what the sales brochure was saying.

He said he had one coming in with the ambient lighting pack a few days later and that he would compare. He got back to me to say that it was exactly the same as mine. He also said he had pursued this with VW and their response was that it was working as it should be.

He had the grace to say that he had looked over the brochure a couple of more times and he had to admit that he thought like me that - based on the sales pitch - the footwell lighting should be on when you wanted it on and should be adjustable. He agreed that what was intimated in the brochure picture did not match what was actually delivered.

Looks like we've been sold a pup as far as ambient lighting is concerned I'm afraid

shaggydancer
27-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I agree a pup is the correct expression, at least hopefully anyone else buying the car and reads this thread will save themselves some money...

Fortuneatly its a small niggle and does not detract from what is a great car.

hartry
11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Can any of you, especially hburnett, post pics of the ambient lighting please?

DanTheKeyMan
16-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi I am just deciding if to get the ambient lighting but been told you can only get wood trim!! I want Piano black so was going to buy and fit dash myself but if the lighting is crap it is not worth it.
Is it correct those who have the lighting has wood effect trim?

rmccardal
17-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Ambient light pack + piano black was accepted on my order.

DanTheKeyMan
17-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Have you received the car?
Dealer said they ordered a car and it came wood. The new owner was not happy.
They didn't relise. In the brochure it states only wood with ambient lighting option.
But on website it does not tell you this.

I have quoted the inlaws at about £500.

rmccardal
17-10-2010, 10:16 AM
CC's actually arrive???? ;-)

Not got mine, doubt I ever will. lol

If it comes with wood I'll probably drive it while they build me the correct car. All over a £55 option haha.

I have to start my next campaign of getting the car delivered this year on Monday. Thankfully I have Chris Crafts customer liaison officer to deal with :-/

Scooby-Doo
18-10-2010, 10:02 AM
I wasn't sure if the ambient lighting pack was worth the extra but I wanted Piano Black trim so as the brochure only listed wood with the AL pack I just specced Piano Black.

cc170gt
18-10-2010, 10:16 PM
me to.

rmccardal
18-10-2010, 10:19 PM
My dealer is confident I will get piano black with the ambient lighting pack.

I am not ;-)

DanTheKeyMan
19-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I was told that one guy ordered AL and spec Black Piano dash and it came Wood dash! He was not happy but it does state this in the brochure.

rmccardal
19-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Can't find it in the current brochure??

My dealer said that it was probably a build error or the dealer coded the car incorrectly.

Drifty
20-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi

I spoke to Citygate, Watford today about something else and asked the question about Ambient lighting and the wood.

I was told that the wood is on the doors, accross the dash and under the instruments. But not around the radio of gearstick, etc - he was basing this on some images he managed to pulll up rather than seeing one in the flesh.

He also said that the option is not taken up very much and didn't recall seeing any cars sold on with this.

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on what I managed to find out today..

rmccardal
20-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Thats correct, either the woood or piano black is only around the doors and upper dash area.

http://www.lincah.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/2009-volkswagen-passat-cc-interior-picture-800x600.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ywSvQZuuiEw/SYV8W33-KZI/AAAAAAAAHs0/cH76DMpbrXE/s400/In_Gear_477129a.jpg

spiderlag
16-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Thought i would add this for completness:

My car was delivered 1 week ago and has Truffle Leather with Wood inserts, i had ordered chrome! the wood looks much better in my opinion... anyway the main point is that I also ordered the Ambient Light pack so that was why I got the wood inserts buy default.
The ambient lights on the doors and footwells are on at night driving or parked and are fully adjustable! if you dim the dash lights yes the door lights go out, if you us the OBC you can set the amount of light in the footwells.

Hope thats clear.