PDA

View Full Version : emz

emz83
21-05-2007, 08:37 PM
:1zhelp: hello there! only 24 think i would know how to use this site!!
anyhow need :1zhelp: with my mk4 gti 20v gorgeous car, which is very close to not being my favourite car at present!
im getting what seems like oil in my water bottle/system! all pipes blocked so is over heating! 1st thought was head gasket but no loss in power, funny noises or weird smoke from exhaust! hoping it could be the oil cooler! (above oil filter) if thats what its called!
there seems to be no water getting into the oil of the engine, but oil getting into the water!
can anyone shed some light please dont want to be mugged off by some money grabbing mecanic:mad:

chris555
26-05-2007, 08:54 PM
anyhow need :1zhelp: with my mk4 gti 20v gorgeous car, which is very close to not being my favourite car at present!
im getting what seems like oil in my water bottle/system! all pipes blocked so is over heating! 1st thought was head gasket but no loss in power, funny noises or weird smoke from exhaust! hoping it could be the oil cooler! (above oil filter) if thats what its called!
there seems to be no water getting into the oil of the engine, but oil getting into the water!
can anyone shed some light please dont want to be mugged off by some money grabbing mecanic:mad:

Im no mechanic but i would get it checked out at a garage - I had a Renault 19 16v years a go that had a similar problem and the head gasket was gone - yet the car went faster! In the end the engine blew.....

saunders1587
27-05-2007, 03:21 PM

i have seen this before as i thought it was an oil cooler aswel but as i took it off all 4 of the o-rings from where oil and water go in and out were all perished and leaking so it was just a set of o-rings that were needed in that case but it maybe worth taking it off and having a look or take it to a well known garage.