PDA

View Full Version : 02 Polo alarm keeps going-off

wilkinic
19-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Polo TDI Sport 02 factory-fitted alarm keeps going off every 30 mins (can set watch by it). I have tried with the internal movement switch clicked off, still happens, and locking with the key rather than the fob. Still happens. The VW assistance chap (the AA) simply disconnected the battery and said to go to VW and buy new sensors for the alarm... can this be correct? Seems a quick-fix solution for a problem which has only just started. Is it common and can it be fixed / resolved any other way?

SSmith27
17-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Polo TDI Sport 02 factory-fitted alarm keeps going off every 30 mins (can set watch by it). I have tried with the internal movement switch clicked off, still happens, and locking with the key rather than the fob. Still happens. The VW assistance chap (the AA) simply disconnected the battery and said to go to VW and buy new sensors for the alarm... can this be correct? Seems a quick-fix solution for a problem which has only just started. Is it common and can it be fixed / resolved any other way?

Same thing happened to my 2002 TDI Sport, in the end I took the fuse out that sounds the alarm - the alarm will still go off, but will be indicator lights only. Cant remember which fuse it is off the top of my head, but there is a guide within the fuse compartment.