PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk4 Electric Mirror switch

mydogsgotnonose
21-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Hello there (Golf Mk 4 TDi).

My car currently does not have heated electric mirrors. The joystic part of my switch snapped at the weekend, and the only ones I can currently find on E-Bay are the heated versions.

Can I fit a heated version ? Will I be able to wire in the heating element - I know most cars are wired up with all sorts of extras (eg front fog lamps, cruise etc), but just no switches added.

Please help.

regards

Sam
23-05-2007, 11:14 AM
The switch is a generic switch.

Eshrules
23-05-2007, 11:28 AM
:p sam are you sure? for non-electric/heated mirrors, i thought the switch was different in design, as the angle has to be altered manually using a rubber joystick?

as for wiring it in, im sure its possible, not entirely sure how though im afraid :o

Sam
23-05-2007, 01:24 PM
:p sam are you sure? for non-electric/heated mirrors, i thought the switch was different in design, as the angle has to be altered manually using a rubber joystick?

as for wiring it in, im sure its possible, not entirely sure how though im afraid :o

I may be wrong but I read it that he had electric but not heated mirrors.

If that's not the case then, yup, it's the rubber thing mentioned above.

nobby.arny
24-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Does anyone know the part no. or where to buy the switches from.Or how to remove the present one?

mkpp786
24-05-2007, 12:40 PM
My switched snapped off and i wasnt very happy!

anyway, i looked on ebay and well the end prices at the time were going out £15 on which i would have to pay delivery of 2-3£.

Instead i went to VW and brought for £18, atleast this way tehre would be some gaurantee with it.
The one i brought was a heated one, although ym car doesnt have the heated service, but it fitted and works.

mydogsgotnonose
25-05-2007, 11:23 AM
thanks for you help with this one.

My mirrors are indeed electric, but not heated.

Sounds like I can fit either or.

I'll try the mighty Bay of E.....:biglaugh: