PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi 100 Tdi glow plug problem

Flap62
02-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Help please guys!

I have a 94 100TDi engine code AAT that has developed a start problem. It appears that the glow plugs are getting no current. I have changed the glow plug relay but still no improvement on start performance.

My Haynes manual also mentions an extra 80A fuse for the glow plugs. I've looked in the drivers and passenger footwell sections and the fuse box in the rear left engine compartment and can't find the fuse.

Could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks in advance

micheal balbrig
02-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Help please guys!

I have a 94 100TDi engine code AAT that has developed a start problem. It appears that the glow plugs are getting no current. I have changed the glow plug relay but still no improvement on start performance.

My Haynes manual also mentions an extra 80A fuse for the glow plugs. I've looked in the drivers and passenger footwell sections and the fuse box in the rear left engine compartment and can't find the fuse.

Could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks in advance

Not sure about your model bur the 80 TDI has a metal strip fuse
in the main fuse box which is located under bonnet forward of steering
wheel. The fuse is anchored by two screws.
May be similar in your model.
If the fuse is ok then try the blue sensor in the coolant pipe at side of
cylinderhead.

Flap62
02-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The underbonnet fuse box has a de-code stamped onto the plastic inner and there is no mention of the glow plugs and none that I can see that would be big enough for 80A

Will try the temp sensor suggestion. If it's failed will pulling the sensor off allow it to start better?