PDA

View Full Version : Audi A2 - 2nd Car?

Bilz-500
21-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Hello All,

I'm 17 and passed my test about 4 months ago. Looking to sell my BMW 3 series and buy a Audi A2 for university, would you recommend them?

I need something relatively cheap, good MPG and well built (the A2 and Merc A class fits into this range).

Whats the best variant? I have had a look at 1.4 SE or the 1.4 TDI - something with low insurance is the best. The 1.6 would probably be pushing it!

How is the Audi A2 overall?

Kind Regards,
Bill

Lex Luthor
21-05-2007, 04:56 PM
No street cred mate......

Should have kept the bm.

Huweth
21-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Hang on, you're about to go to university and thinking of buying an A2 because it's going to be cheap!
I had a £300 car for uni, got me from A to B, and actually was cheap.
You'll be wanting most of that A2 money for beer.

RickT
21-05-2007, 11:56 PM
The a2 is not that bad... better than the merc..

The 1.4 TDI lump is a good option.. but they are not mega cheap..

if your wanting a good run about. which is not too high on insurance.. . thought about a Lupo GTI?? :biglaugh:

RicKT

Eshrules
22-05-2007, 12:23 AM
did i just read right... you're 17 and passed your test 4 months ago? you had a 3 series, which you know want to sell for an A2 tdi?

hmm.... how are you affording the insurance?

Bilz-500
22-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Hello,

Thanks all for your replies. Yes, im looking to get rid of the BMW (feels old now) and getting the Audi.

I've tried to get insured on a Lupo GTI/Polo GTI but I cant get insurance at all - if I could I would they seem like fast little cars with not bad fuel consumption. I'm currently getting about 20-25MPG with my BMW, worse with a lead foot.

I'm looking at the A2 TDI version now, probably better for long motorway journeys but its going to hurt driving a "family wagon" haha.

Will update everyone on what I find - have a whole load of exams at the moment so going to purchase a car early July - any other suggestions instead of the Audi A2? The Golf GTTDI seems good?

Thanks,
Bill

Eshrules
22-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Hello,

Thanks all for your replies. Yes, im looking to get rid of the BMW (feels old now) and getting the Audi.

I've tried to get insured on a Lupo GTI/Polo GTI but I cant get insurance at all - if I could I would they seem like fast little cars with not bad fuel consumption. I'm currently getting about 20-25MPG with my BMW, worse with a lead foot.

I'm looking at the A2 TDI version now, probably better for long motorway journeys but its going to hurt driving a "family wagon" haha.

Will update everyone on what I find - have a whole load of exams at the moment so going to purchase a car early July - any other suggestions instead of the Audi A2? The Golf GTTDI seems good?

Thanks,
Bill

the golf gt tdi is an excellent car, but i was under the impression, not many,if any at all, insurance companies will touch you being under 21 and only having been driving only 4 months :(