PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Projector Lens

ddave05
01-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Fellow forummers, I remember coming across a post where someone cleaned the inside of their projector lens for their B5.5 and noticed a massive improvement.

This was because after a while, dust covers the inside of the lens reducing the quantity of light output. Has anybody on here had a go? I'm going to change my hi-beams and sidelights so I think I might have a go if it's worth it.

nick41
01-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Xenons are the only way forward for these next-to-useless lights. My partner has a B6 passat and the lights are nowhere near as bad. I converted my B5.5 to xenons and haven't looked back.....probably 'cos I can at least see in front of me.....I don't think there'll be enough dust inside to make it worth the effort either....

Y90USF
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
i had the same problem as nick and i changed to xenons and even changed the main beam to xenons and it makes a huuuge difference

ddave05
01-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I have a HID conversion on my H7 dipped beam, I was just wondering if anybody had cleaned the inside of their projector lens. I remember seeing on a forum after someone had done it, the amount of dust that was cleaned off.

TimboUK
28-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Haha, it was me. Well worth the effort!

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90133

Lex_Andrews
08-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Brand new xenon units from my local dealer £274 each, dont know about ballast of transformer. May need wiring change as well I think. My xenons are manky. Not going to clean though, as xenon units are knackered, wont adjust. Beam to low adjuster screws are dead. I'll just wait till I order new ones. (work 2 miles from home, and summer maybe round the corner:D).