PDA

View Full Version : What's it for ??>

PassSPORT
27-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Inside the drivers door, beside the petrol cap release and boot release buttons, there is a lock which your key fits and turns?
Am I right that its for turning the passenger airbag off?
Nothing comes up on the dash to say anything has been turned on or off.

Y90USF
27-02-2010, 11:59 PM
This is for locking the boot while driving the boot lid will not open wen at the lights

PassSPORT
28-02-2010, 12:18 AM
This is for locking the boot while driving the boot lid will not open wen at the lights

Is it?

It seems a bit useless to me, instead of removing the key from the ignition to lock and unlock the boot, it would be quicker to just press the button to lock the doors.
Also depending on the position of the lock on the boot, you can set it to only open from using the boot release button inside the car or by only using the key in the boot lock.

djmx5
28-02-2010, 10:07 AM
passport..what model do you have? I cannot see this key lock to which you refer in the drivers door of my 2005 highline?

ta

PeteK
28-02-2010, 11:43 AM
My 2004 Highline saloon also has this fitted. I've never used it but am of the understanding that it is a safety feature so that if someone smashes the window it will prevent them from popping the boot open using the button. The one to disable the passenger airbag is located in the glovebox.